Take Five...or Maybe More

Start from the beginning

"We know." Ozpin said calmly. "It's certainly a pleasure to see you again Mr. Belladonna."

"How could you?!" Ruby shouted quickly before Ozpin waved her back. Y/N gulped as he felt the sweat begin to appear on his forehead. He took a breath before looking away and regaining his cool.

"Likewise." Y/N said not losing the eye contact with Ozpin. Partly because he didn't want to seem intimidated and the other part was because he was scared of them. Not Ozpin or Goodwitch or any other adult, but the emotional scrutiny he'd receive from his harem. "You look good Ozzy."

"No need for the pleasantries Y/N. We've both been playing chess with each other for quite a while now and now it seems we're at an impasse." Ozpin said fiddling with his cane. "Now, we can either-"

"Why?!" Yang said angrily as her hair and eyes lit up as Blake and Ruby held her back this time "Why'd you do it you asshole?! You put my baby sister and dad in danger!"

"Yang relax!" Ruby tried desperately. "Let me...just let me do this!"

(Octopath Traveler: Sorrow)

"No! No more games! Answer me bastard!" Yang said with her tears evaporating out of her eyes. "You betrayed us and left us for dead! I lost my arm! Goodwitch lost her eye! All because you sold us out!"

"Yang I-" Y/N tried but was cut off.

"I LOVED YOU!" Yang roared, getting louder and louder. "We ALL did! And you threw it back in our faces for what?! What training could be worth it?! What could y-?!"

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen!" Y/N roared. "Ozpin has been keeping secrets! If you know so much about this, then you should know that he's been lying to you! To ALL of you! Even to me!"

"That's not-!" Yang tried but remembered all of what she read about Ozpin's misconduct.

"I've been open and honest about all of my mistakes Y/N." Ozpin said calmly as he waved his arms outward. "Everyone here knows of Salem, the Maidens, and my own state of existence."

"And the experiment?" Adam said angrily. "Did you tell him who gave the go ahead and the funding?"

"How did you-" Yang started before being cut off by Ozpin's hand.

"I did. I funded the project in order to save Miss Amber. I did it for her and the other maidens. Miss Nikos knows all about it. The alpha version of the device Padraig used on you was meant to be used to suck the magic power out of Amber and transfer it into another being. We simply decided testing it with dust was a better first run test. The project wasn't ready for human experimenting."

"But YOU signed off on the experiment!" Adam growled. "You've been keeping Y/N here in an effort to siphon the Relic and his immortality out of him and place it into a silver eyed Maiden! Isn't Salem supposed to be the one creating monsters Ozpin?"

"I never said I don't make mistakes." Ozpin looked down solemnly, showing genuine sadness and regret. "I shouldn't have done it but we were running out of time. I've established that I can't beat Salem on my own...So I must do everything I can to end her reign of terror on the innocent."

"You're no better than Ironwood." Y/N spoke up. "You're just some wack job criminal."

"You're the criminal."

Ruby spoke as she looked at Y/N with a piercing gaze.

"I'm not on Ozpin's side. I'm not on Salem's side. I'm on the side of justice and good!" Ruby said emphatically. "I just want whats right for the world in the least violent way. Ozpin isn't right, but neither are you Y/N. You betrayed us all. Threw our trust and feelings for you aside without even trusting us in the first place. How are we supposed to feel knowing that you could end the world if you really tried?"