Ch.1: Entering the Woods.

Song: The Wolf - SIAMÉS.

A woman wearing a black cloak walks towards the crowd of people on the dark night of the kingdom of Auroral. She was on the shady part of the town, she heard that she could get what she needed on here.

Entering to a shop, she feels the depressing aura of the little place.

“You arrived” an old lady speaks “You got what I asked?”

The woman walks towards the table and put a bag on top of it.

The old lady smirks showing her toothless mouth and grabs the bag inspecting its inside “Perfect, sit down” the lady signals the chair in front of her.

The woman complies with her eyes never leaving the old lady’s face “Now, the information…”

“Oh, yes…  Your task you have completed, so hear clearly my words because they won’t be repeated” she takes a map out of her sleeve and opens it on the table “In order to acquire what you desire, The Crepuscular Lake you must find” she point a blue lake on the map.

“How do I get there?”

Then, the old lady puts her wrinkled finger on the drawing of the castle “Leaving the Kingdom of Auroral so you can to reach your goal” she then traces her finger down towards the lake “The Emerald Woods you have to wend until you reach its end” she then points at the end of the Emerald Woods “And The Somber Woods is where you find the goods”

The woman frowns, she heard the legends of the Somber Woods.

The old lady looks at the woman face and chuckles “So you know the danger that the woods holds?”

She nods “I am aware”

“Then my words will be short” she smile “Your instincts must be on its highest sharpness so you can avoid the monsters that lurk on the darkness. Remember to pay your fee to get what you need”

“What fee?” she tilts her head.

The old lady points at the bracelet that the woman had on her wrist “That’ll be what you need to satisfy the lake’s greed”

The woman holds her wrist looking down at the bracelet, it was the only thing she had from her mother. It was priceless to her, she was about to ask another question but she was interrupted by a loud scream.

“Please, no!”

The woman turns around and hears the whispering of the people outside the little shop, when she turns around to face the old lady, her eyes widen when she notices that she was alone. Sighing, she stands up and walks towards the door, when she places her hand on the handle, she hears a low whisper.

“Watch out for The Wolf”

She turns around expecting to see the old lady, but again, there was no one behind her. Exiting the shop, she sees what the commotion is about.

“Please, stop it!” a woman struggled the strong grip of the guards holding her.

“Come on, sweetie” one of the guards said “We give our life to protect this kingdom, the last thing we ask is a little bit of love”

The other guards chuckled as the woman keeps trying to escape.

The people of the kingdom could only watch with pity at the woman since they were ‘The Raven Guards’ the most powerful guards of the land, there are only a few of them on the world and unlike the others guards, these ones fight with creatures more dangerous than any army and they only responded to the Hightower.

“Stop!” a female voice shouted in the crowd.

The guards stop with a smirk on their faces “Who is the brainless little rat?”

“Me”

A woman wearing a black cloak walks in front of the horde, she takes the hoodie off to reveal her face.

“I am the Princess (Y/n) (Second/Name) Hightower the Seventh, daughter of the King William Alistair the Seventh and Lady Delilah the First” as soon as she said those words, everybody around kneeled down looking at the ground including the guards finally leaving the woman in peace “And apparently a ‘brainless little rat’”

“My lady” one of the guards said “My most sincere apologies, we were just…” the guard couldn't speak.

“What?” the princess frowns.

“Sorry for ask, but…” another guard speak up “What are you doing so far away from the castle?”

“None of your business”

“I’m sorry to say this but we must take you back”

“I know, I know” she sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose.

“Then, if you excuse us”

The woman looks around to see everyone still on their knees with their head down.

“Alright, on your feet”

The guards quickly stand up and face the princess.

“This way, please” one of the guards offers her his arm so she can hold onto him.

While they walk towards the guard’s horse, (Y/n) turns around to see the people slowly standing up as they were leaving, the woman that was being harassed looks at the princess with a smile on her lips and tears on her eyes. She never thought that a princess would appear to save her from the guards.

The guards were ashamed, not because they almost ruined a woman’s life but because they were caught by the princess.

“Your highness” the guard start speaking.

“I’ll rather continue this journey on silence” she says without taking her eyes off the road.

She didn’t want to leave yet, but her cover was blown so she didn’t have another option, however, she couldn’t let them get away with whatever they were thinking to do with the poor villager. As future Queen, she will change things.

Once they arrived the castle, the guard gets down his horse and extends his hand to hold the princess. She grabs his hand and lets him help her get down the horse.

“(Y/n)…” he mutters looking at the woman’s eyes.

“Do not refer to me for my first name” she glares at him “You’ve change, Damian” she takes a step back “You disgust me” then, she turns around and walks to the entrance.

“Your highness” the guards at the door bow a little at the presence of the princess and open the door to let her in.

As soon as she gets inside the castle, a blonde, tall woman with a serious look on her face receives the princess.

“Why are you doing outside the castle at this hours?” the older woman asks.

“Queen Tanisha” she bows “As always, I’m just trying to look for the flower”

“There is no such flower, (Y/n)!” she gets mad very quickly “You are disobeying direct orders every time you decide to go outside!”

“I can’t stay in here with my arms crossed as my little brother suffers from the illness, I know I can cure him but I need that flower”

“What? Your powers aren’t enough?” she says mockingly.

Oh, right. The seventh child of the seventh child was known to have “magical powers” if the child was a boy, they had strong psychic powers and the power the elements but if the child was a girl, they had healing powers and (Y/n)… knew this was barefaced lie that everyone wanted to believe, however, she was very good with medicine. She read every book related with the human body and she practiced with the royal doctor every time someone in the castle got sick.

“Tanisha” a male voice speak behind the queen.

They turn to face the man standing on top of the stairs with a gentle smile on his lips.

“My king” the queen bows “I am warning (Y/n) about the dangers of the outside”

“Father” the princess bows “I am trying to save my brother’s life since the queen decided to give up on him”

The older woman glares at the princess “I am not!—” she takes a deep breath “I think that waiting for the royal doctor is the best option we had” she looks at the king.

“We don’t have time to spare, we need to act now”

“Okay, okay” the king walks closer to the women “I know that you are worried for your brother, but this is not the way to find a cure. If something happens to you and you can’t cure your brother, there’ll be no king nor queen next to the line until our next son and our kingdom will miss the chance to have a wonderful queen like yourself”

“Well” the queen interrupts “We still have our other sons, my king”

“They are good for nothing” he grumbles and puts his hands on the princess shoulder “As the seventh child, you have the responsibility to take care of this kingdom once I’m gone so please, don’t escape like that ever again”

“Yes, father” the princess look down.

“However” the king continues “I bet that once you find a husband, he can do all this stuff without a trouble for you” the king smiles.

The princess frowns at his words, she was doing it without any trouble, it was the guard’s fault that she got caught.

“I apologize, father. It won’t happen again” she looks up at him with a smile on her lips.

“Sweet child” he smiles “I wish I could believe you” he pinches her cheek and laughs.

The princess giggles and the queen rolls her eyes and clears her throat “My king. May I have a word with you?”

The king looks at the woman next to him “Sure” he lets her daughter’s cheek “You are dismissed”

The princess bows “Thanks, father” she then goes upstairs and walks towards his brother’s room. Knocking the door, she hears a faint ‘Come in’ and quickly enters the room.

“Tommy” she smiles and walks towards the kid laying on his bed.

“(Y/n)” his eyes sparkles when he sees his sister sit on the bed “How did it go?” he could barely speak.

“Fine” she smiles and caresses his cheek “Tomorrow at this hour we will be playing on the garden like we used to do”

His face shine with pure happiness “Your promise?” he then starts coughing.

Her sister looks with pity at her little brother “I promise” she kisses his forehead “You should rest, I need to get ready to leave”

Thomas nods and closes his eyes “I can’t wait for tomorrow”

(Y/n) pets his head until his brother falls sleep, standing up. She leaves her brother’s room and walks towards her own room.

Giving up wasn’t an option, Thomas was the only good thing that happened since her mother died, her older brothers were jackasses, the queen hated her and the king wouldn’t stop putting pressure on her shoulders.

She enters her room and starts getting ready to leave. The dark wood at nighttime was dangerous many people get lost during the night and some travelers swear that they heard screaming and some of them found mutilated bodies. However, she couldn’t leave during the daylight, it’ll be harder to sneak around the guards.

Grabbing her rapier sword and her favorite dagger, she accommodates it on her hip and puts her black cloak on, it’ll be quick, but she’ll be ready for any kind of danger.

Exiting by the window, she makes her way down until she reaches the stable.

“Sable” she mutters as a black horse walks towards her “Here you are” she caresses the head of the horse and kisses his nose, she grabs the saddle from the wall and puts it on the horse “Let’s go”

She gets on horse and rides to the back of the castle, past to the secret passage hidden on the bush. A secret passage that only she knows about.

After minutes riding, (Y/n) stops her horse at the fence that divides The Emerald Woods from The Somber Woods. She looks at the dark side of the woods as she feels a cold chill crawling on her back. She takes a deep breath and caresses the neck of the horse to calm his nerves.

“We have to do it for Tommy”

The horse looks at her and then at the fence with new determination on his eyes.

“Jump!” the woman holds the saddle with a strong grip as the horse runs towards the edge and jumps across the fence.

“HYA!” the woman shouts as the horse runs quicker to The Crepuscular Lake.
It was a few kilometers deeper on the woods, she could hear the howling of the wolves and some other strange noises, it was colder here than other place where she has been. However, the smell was the only thing that she liked. It was fresh, pure and if she closed her eyes she would think that she was on a better place.

The horse stops when they arrive to the lake. Jumping down the horse, the woman walks to the edge of the lake and kneels down.

“This has to be it” she places a hand on the cold water and looks up at the moon.

She sighs and looks at her horse.
“Make sure no one is around, Sable” she stands up and places the stabs the sword on the ground, then she takes her cloak off and slowly starts undressing herself.

But they weren’t alone.

On the shadows, a crouched figure stalked the woman and the horse with a frown on his face. He hated when other humans dared to take things from his wood. He had follow them ever since he smelt them entering his wood. He wanted to attack them before but the horse was slightly faster than he is.

When he had the chance to kill them, he was taken back when he heard the voice of a woman. He had never seen a woman on this woods, but she was still a human so… Why couldn’t he attack her?

He just sat there looking at her as she was undressing herself under the light of the moon, he never thought that the human female could be so… extravagating… he could kill her later… maybe.

Once the woman was completely naked, she puts the dagger between her teeth and dives down the water, swimming her way down with the moon as her only source of light, it was good enough to see the flower laying on the bottom of the lake.

With a smile, she swims closer to the flower and manages to cut it off with the dagger, when she had the flower on her hand, she feels something grasping her leg with force. Looking down, she sees the vine of the other flowers getting a hold of her. She remembered what the old lady said. She has to give something to satisfy the lake.

Taking her bracelet off, she offers the little piece to the vine holding her down. The vine grabs the bracelet and lets the princess go.

Quickly, (Y/n) swims her way up as she couldn’t held her breath any longer. Once she was out, she takes a deep breath and coughs a little. Swimming to the edge where Sable was waiting for her, she exits the water.

“I got it, Sable” she had a huge smile on her face and saves the flower inside of the bag carefully “Now, let’s go”

The figure keeps watching at the naked and now wet woman in front of him. He wondered how she was still alive and how she didn’t drown down there.

He couldn’t take his eyes off her, when she dried herself with the cloak, he watches how she starts dressing herself, he wanted to have a better look, so he moves a little to the side accidently stepping on a branch, he curses himself when he looks up at the now fully dressed woman who had her sword on her hand and a frown on her face.

“Show yourself” she demands with a firm tone.

Slowly, a man walks out from the bushes standing up, the princess’s eyes widens at the height of the man in front of her. Gripping tightly the sword, she glares at the figure, getting ready to fight if necessary.

The Wolf [A Yandere Tale]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara