Ch.6: No More Freedom.

Song: Dance in the Dark - Au/Ra

(Y/n) yawns and opens her eyes looking at her surroundings, it was still dark, she sees that she’s on someone’s back as they are walking and manages to notice a couple of wolf’s ears.

“Bal?" she mutters.

“What?” he doesn’t look at her.

“Where are we going?” she plays with his ears.

“I’m taking you back to your castle” he blushes at her touch but he doesn’t look at her.

She chuckles and closes her eyes “Are you tired of me already?”

He laughs and shakes his head “Even when your presence is exhausting to me, I’m not tired of you… yet”

She giggles and rests her head on his shoulder hugging him “If they see you, they would kill you”

“But you will be safe” he looks at the giant wall that separate the castle to the woods.

She opens her eyes again and looks at the man “Bal—”

Before she could say another word, Balthazar crouches a bit to make a big jump to the top of the wall.

She closes her eyes tight as her hold gets stronger. She wanted to yell at him for doing this without a warning but she didn’t want to get caught.

Once they are on the top of the wall, he takes a deep sniff on the air and then jumps down on the ground.

“I-I can walk from here, please go back” she sees from the distance some guards talking to each other.

“Your room is not that far” he runs towards the castle and jumps towards (Y/n)’s window.

“How did you know this was my room?”

“It has your smell everywhere” he enters the room and grabs her waist holding her in front of him with his hands. She looked like a fragile doll… he then throws her on the bed.

She giggles and sits up on the bed “What a gentleman”

He rolls his eyes “Give me my cape back”

“Yes, sir” she takes his cape off her shoulders and hands him to him.

He puts the cape over his body and nods at her “Bye” he faces the window.

“W-Wait”

When he turns around to look at the woman, he’s taken back after he feels her arms around his body.

“Thank you” she mutters.

He sighs and hugs her with one arm “If you are in trouble again, just yell my name”

She nods and looks up at him grabbing his face, she lowers it a little planting a kiss on his forehead.

“Why do you keep doing that?” he looks at her eyes.

“To show you my appreciation” she smiles at him.

He glares at her.

“I just save your life, I demand more appreciation” he lowers his face closer to hers.

She giggles and holds his face planting more kisses on his face.

He feels a tickling sensation on his chest as he holds her closer and chuckles. He never felt this kind of feeling before and he wanted to reserve it forever.

He lifts her on his arms holding her against his chest and looks up at her. She caresses his cheek and leans down to leave on last kiss on his forehead.

He walks towards her bed and sits her down “I should leave before the sun goes up”

She nods “I’ll see you on the night”

He smiles and leans down placing his lips on her forehead “I’ll see you on the night” he walks towards the window and jumps off the castle.

(Y/n) smiles at the window for a second and then sighs.

Standing up from her bed, she looks down at her tainted dress and exits her room.

Walking down the halls, she greets some guards until she reaches the door of her father’s bedroom.

Knocking the door, she takes a step back and waits for a response. When she was about to knock again, she sees the queen opening the door.

“Ugh” she groans “What are you doing here at this hour?”

“I came here to talk with my father”

“What do you want?” she crosses her arms.

“I just said that I want to talk with my father” she tilts her head “Is your age affecting your hearing?”

The queen raises her hand to slap her but a voice behind her stops her.

“What is it, (Y/n)?” her father walks behind the queen.

The older woman lowers her hand and looks to the side as the princess sighs.

“I killed the Third”

The duo look shocked at her words and finally the queen slaps her.

“How could you!?”

“He contracted a group of mercenaries to kill me, I would have spare his life, but he then threatened to kill Thomas as well…” she kneels with her head down “I apologize”

“Lies! You whore!” the queen sobs as she kneels down to slap her but the king stops her.

“We will talk about this on the morning, please go back to your room” the king holds the queen closer to him as she cries.

“MURDERER! YOU WON’T GET AWAY WITH THIS EASILY”

The king closes the door of his room as many guards runs towards the princess.

“My lady, we heard there was a murderer” one of the guard says.

“It’s me” she stands up and looks at the guards “The queen just called me a murderer”

The guard was confused “But… is everyone okay?”

“We are, you are dismissed” she walks to her room as the guards look at her.

She decides to take a turn and enters at Tommy’s room. She sees that he’s sleeping and with a smile she gets closer to his bed sitting down on the chair next to it. She will do whatever it takes to protect her brother.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●

The next morning, (Y/n) was standing on the middle of the royal room as the king and the queen were seating in front of her. The queen didn’t even spare a glance at the princess.

“Please tell us all the details” the king speaks up.

“Yesterday at night I went to the woods to collect more herbs to keep working on medicines, it appears that the Third knew my routine and went after me with many merchants ready to kill me, he confessed everything to me. How he wanted the crown and how he would kill me and Thomas to get it”

“Lies!” the queen snap.

The king holds the queen’s hand.

“Please keep going” the king speaks.

“I never leave without my sword, so I fought back and managed to get away alive. If you go to the south on the Emerald Woods almost reaching the Somber Woods you will find their bodies but I am sure that wolves find them first"

The queen breaks on tears and stands up leaving the room.

The king sighs and looks at the guards on the side of the room “Go for my son’s body”

The guard nods and leave the room.

“(Y/n)” the king stands up and walks closer to the woman.

“Yes, father?”

“I’ve been too patient with you and your wishes to delay your meeting with your future husband but my patient is over. I will travel to our allies kingdoms and come back with the best option for your marriage. You are dismissed” he turns around.

“Wait, I thought that the man that I would marry it was my choice”

He looks at her over his shoulder “You are out of choices, (Y/n). I let you be yourself and you almost got killed”

“I survived”

“I won’t wait until you get killed to act”

“I-I want to marry Damian Williams, the Raven Knight that was named with honors”

“I told you, you don’t have that choice anymore” he looks at the other guards “Take her to her room, she’s forbidden to exit the castle from now on…”

“Father”

“She can’t go to the medic wing anymore so get the best doctor that you can find”

“Father!”

“A guard has to be with her all the time and if she wishes to go the garden she has to take at least four guards with her”

“FATHER”

“SHUT IT” he faces the princess “I’m trying to look after the kingdom and yourself. You are out of control and you clearly need a good man to keep you on place” he walks in front of her “Do you understand?”

She looks down and nods.

“Answer me!”

“Yes, father” she feels tears forming on her eyes.

“Good…” he looks at the guard “Escort her to her room” he looks down at her “Don’t worry for Thomas, I’ll be taking him with me”

The woman nods “Okay”

The king sighs and pats his head “I’m glad that you are alive” he nods at the guard.

“My lady, if you allow me” the guard holds her arm.

The woman looks at her father one last time and walks away with the guard.

○●○●○●○●○●

Looking down at her trembling leg, she looks at the window. It was dark outside and should’ve left long ago to meet Balthazar but now there was two guards outside her room.

She groans as she stands up pacing around her room. She can’t understand why it upsets her that she couldn’t see her friend.

As she thinks a plan to escape her room, she hears a loud howl from the distance. Smiling, she runs towards the window and sees on the top of the wall a tall man crouching down.

Balthazar didn’t know what was he doing, he never left the woods before and now he has done it two in the same day for a female human. When he sees the human safe on her room, he feels relieved but he could also smell more humans on the zone.

However, nothing is going to stop him to meet his human.