Ch.11: The Wolf.

Song: Emperor's New Clothes - Panic! At The Disco.

(Y/n) looks at the small window since it was the only source of light from the outside, meaning that the sun was raising and that her sentence was coming.

She wouldn’t mind if the queen exiled her, after all, she wanted to leave.

The sounds of footsteps coming to her cell made her look at the side and notice the knight in front of her cell.

She frowns and looks back at the window, she didn’t want to see him.

“(Y/n)…” he speaks softly “I’m sorry we had to get to this point, but… You dig your own grave”

She ignored the knight.

“Look” he sighs “Maybe I can take you out of this situation”

She finally looks at him and raises an eyebrow.

When he finally got her attention, he smiled “Marry me, and all this could be forgotten, I… I forgive you, maybe this creature manipulated you and you didn’t know what were you doing” he holds the bars that were separating them “I can speak at your favor and say that the queen force me to go against you, or we can escape together. Live calmly on another land and have children—”

She sighs “It won’t work, Damian” she looks at the window again “Besides, you already damaged my image, it would get worse if I marry you for my freedom. They would never respect me”

He frowns “I’m trying to help you, why can’t you just accept my help”

“Because you put me in this situation on first place!” she stands up “What the hell were you thinking!?” she walks closer to the bars.

“I LOVE YOU” he shouts.

They stare at each other for a minute in silence and when the knight was about to leave the princess speaks.

“Damian…”

He turns to look at her.

“How… did you know that I was next to my father corpse with Balthazar”

“Balthazar?”

She rolls her eyes “The man that you called a beast”

He sighs “I highly doubt that your word has any weight anymore, so I guess that I could just tell you” he smirks at her “I killed them”

Her eyes widen.

“The queen sent me to get rid of them, knowing that you would end up looking after them. I was supposed to wait nearby and catch you ‘on the act’ but with the beast next to you I was… cautious” he didn’t want to admit that he was afraid if him.

(Y/n) looks down for a second without saying a word.

Damian smiles and walks closer to her placing his hand over her head.

“You should have accepted my first proposal” he pats her head and then leaves.

She was speechless, she felt so weak and powerless.

With a sob, she falls down on her knees and starts crying, she knew it wasn’t her fault but it hurt like it really was.

Her last hope was the town people, if she could convince them, maybe she could stop the darks deeds of the queen.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

A couple of guards entered into her cell to escort her outside, she could hear from the distance the angry yells of the people. Smiling gently, she thinks that they were going to hear her.

But the angry shouts weren’t for the queen, they were insulting the princess.

While she walks to the streets, she hears the angry crow offending her, some of them were throwing her rotten fruits.

She couldn’t understand them.

Couldn’t they see the queen’s lies?

The guards stop in front of the plaza and she looks up seeing her sentence.

There was a log on the middle of the plaza with dried straws on the ground. One of the guards held a lighting torch as the other ones had ropes on their hands.

“NO!” she tried to step back but the guards next to her held her tight.

“PLEASE, NO!” the guards start to drag her towards her destiny.

“Burn the witch!”

Make her pay!”

“Penitence for your crimes!”

“I’M NOT A WITCH!” she cries out.

Looking at the side, she sees the queen and her older brothers sitting there. Enjoying themselves.

“PLEASE! LISTEN!”

“Burn her!”

“Traitor!”

“Witch!”

“I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING, PLEASE”

The guards started to tie her on the log.

“Liar!”

“Murderer!”

“Witch!”

“I DON’T EVEN WANT TO BE A QUEEN!” she yells at the queen “PLEASE!”

Once she was tied up on the log, the guard with the torch lit up the straws.

“Please” her voice was quivering.

It wasn’t fair, she suffered the most and yet she was the one who had to pay for others. She looks at the town’s people. She did everything on her power to give them a decent life and now they were burning her alive.

She didn’t want to die.

She looks down at the flames as they were slowly raising up and with dried tears on her eyes, she looks up at the clouded sky as the little drops of water started to fall and shouts.

“BALTHAZAR”