Ch.7: A Princess Duty.

Song: The Other Side of the Paradise - Glass Animals.

Balthazar makes his way towards her room and jumps to her window. When he enters her room he is taken back by the woman when she hugs him.

The man blushes and then tries to keep his composure. He was supposed to be mad at her, so why he was enjoying this hug?

Grabbing her by the waist he lifts her up so she was on his eye level. He opens his mouth to scold her but the woman puts her hand over his mouth and shush him.

He frowns at her until the woman points at the door. He sniffs the air and then looks back at the woman nodding. Putting her over his shoulder, he walks towards the window and jumps out of it taking the woman out of the castle.

Once they are outside the castle, Balthazar walks towards the woods with (Y/n) on his shoulder.

“Are you crazy?” she holds him “Please warn me the next time that you decide to jump out of my window like that”

“How could I warn you if I couldn’t talk?” he keeps walking.

“Well, I don’t know, maybe a little nod with the head would have helped”

“You are fine, stop whining” he enters the Somber Woods with ease.

“You can’t tell me what to do, I’m a princess”

He puts her down in front of him “And yet you are not rival against me”

She crosses her arms “So you want a fight?”

“You have no weapon on you, it’ll be unfair”

“I don’t need a weapon to take you down” she smirks as she puts her hands on her hips.

“Oh, really?” he leans down to be at her level and smirks “How would you—?”

Before he finishes his sentences, (Y/n) grabs his face and leans up to kiss him on the lips.

His eyes widens in surprise as he doesn’t know how to react at this new show of affection.

(Y/n) takes this as an opportunity and grabs his shoulders to pull him down on the ground and sitting on his chest.

“See? I won” she giggles smiling down triumphantly at the man under her.

His face turns red and frowns “T-That wasn’t fair, you cheated with your affection!”

“And?” she smirks “Are you mad?”

“Yes, I hate you, now do it again”

She laughs and leans down to kiss him again but before her lips touched his, she kisses his nose “There” she stands up and walks more into the woods “I won~ I won~”

He glares at her and sits on the ground “You are going to pay for this”

“Oh, am I?” when she turns to face him, she sees his wolf’s ears appearing on his head as his eyes turns yellow “Uh-oh” she then starts running towards the lake while laughing.

Balthazar runs behind her, he is way faster than her but he lets her have the advantage on the race.

Once she arrives the lake, she turns to look at the man behind her but she didn’t see anyone there.

“Bal?” she searches him on the tall pines.

She smiles “Come here, puppy” she whistles and pats her lap.

Suddenly, she feels someone lifting her and jumping to the lake.

While they were underwater, she smiles and looks at the face of the man smiling down at her.

She holds his face closer to hers as she kisses him again. The flowers that were underwater starts to glow on the dark.

The man holds her close to his chest and swims back to the surface.

“I’m not a puppy” he says.

“Keep telling yourself that” she giggles.

He rolls his eyes and swims to the edge of the lake while holding her.

Once they are out of the lake she sits down on the grass and dries her hair.

Balthazar sits down in front of her and looks at her every move.

“Why there was more humans around your room?”

She sighs and looks down “My father wanted to keep me locked on my room until he comes back from…”

“From?” he raises an eyebrow.

Her world comes crashing down as she remembers her discussion with her father from the morning… She wasn’t allow to have the freedom to love. She was a princess after all… a princes that soon will marry a prince and become the Queen of Auroral “I shouldn’t be here” she stands up.

“What do you mean?” he stands up as well.

“Balthazar” she paces around “This was a mistake, I’m sorry” she looks at the confused man in front of her.

“(Y/n), what the hell are you talking about?”

“I have to get married, Balthazar”

He tilts his head “What’s that?”

She takes a deep breath and looks at his eyes “It means that I’m going to devote myself to a man for the rest of my life”

“Devote yourself? You mean like spend your life with this man?”

She nods.

“Then marry me” he stands in front of her and holds her hands.

“I-I can’t” she takes a step back from him.

“Why?”

“Because I have to marry a prince, Balthazar... Someone really special”

“You said that I was special to you”

“And you are but it’s not my decision”

“You are the future queen of this land. How is it not your decision?” his confusion was starting to become into anger and some unknown feeling that was making his chest hurt.

“I-I just don’t have a choice”

“Yes, you have!” he leans closer to her “Stay here… With me, I-I can build you a house if that’s comfortable for you and I can even take your things from your room”

“Balthazar… I’m sorry”

Balthazar looks at the downhearted princess, he had never seen her like this. The feeling of pain on his chest started to get stronger as if he was stabbed a thousand times but there was no sword nor knife on it. He puts a hand over his chest as he backs away from her. It hurts…

“Go away…” he turns around.

“Bal…” she tries to place a hand on his back but he pushes away on the ground.

GO AWAY” he looks at her.

When she sees his eyes, she notices the dangerous red glint on them. For the first time she was scared of the wolf.
Standing up from the ground, she looks for the last time at his face before turning around and starting run towards the castle.

Her tears were blurring her vision as she runs away from Balthazar. She wishes to disappear on the air.

As she runs as fast as her feet allowed her, she trips on a branch and falls down to the ground, feeling a stinging pain on the side of her head, she passes out.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

(Y/n) opens her eyes and recognizes the place where she was. Sitting up on her bed she winces as she feels the bruises on her body.

Gasping, she remembers the fall and stands up. How did she get here? Looking outside the window she sighs and sits down on her bed.

Suddenly her door slams open.

“(Y/N)!” her friend shouts from the door.

The princess looks up to see the stressed man standing in front of her.

“Dear Lord, (Y/n)” he runs next to the bruised up woman and lifts her up on her arms “Are you okay? I heard what happened”

“W-What happened?” she mutters a little confused.

He takes her out of her room and walks towards medic room.

“An attack happened last night… Some beast was seen on the garden and it killed twenty of the guards before running away”

Her eyes widens “A-And did they hurt him?”

He looks down at her and smiles “They did, you don’t need to be afraid anymore” he enters the medic room and sits her down on the bed “I’ll bring a doctor”

“No” she grabs his arm “I can do it by myself”

“But (Y/n)”

“Please… I-I don’t feel like dealing with anybody else”

He looks at her for a second and then nods “What do you need?”

“Privacy” she looks at the side.

“I understand but I can’t let you be on your own after what happened”

She sighs “Can you please turn around, then?”

“Yes, I can” he turns around facing the wall.

The woman looks down at her wounds, she didn’t feel like healing herself at all but she has to.

“So…” Damian starts speaking “The other guards told me about your father decision”

“Right” she mutters as she takes her dress off and starts cleaning her wounds.

“I won’t let it happen” he says with determination on his voice.

“It’s not your choice” she starts treating her wounds.

“But I can fight for your hand”

“You shouldn’t go against the king’s wishes” she then grabs a robe from one of the furniture and puts it on.

“But what about your wishes... Our wishes?”

She grabs the dress “You can turn around now”

He looks at her “(Y/n), I…”

“I don’t love you, Damian” she looks at his eyes “I appreciate you and I care about you but I can find myself to love you”

He looks at her eyes “B-But you said…”

“I know…”

He frowns and walks towards her “But I’ve been so nice to you all these years… How do you not love me?”

“To get someone’s love you need more than just being nice” she takes a step back.

“Is it because the bitch from the town?” he glares at her “I told you that I didn’t even touch her, (Y/n), don’t let your judgment be on the way of our marriage, I bet that if you talk with your father-”

“I’m sorry, Damian”

He tightens the grip of his hand and punches the wall beside him “Go fuck yourself” he leaves the room.

(Y/n) sighs and sits down on the bed, she just lost two friends on one day.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

The queen sits down on her chair, a guard walks towards her.

“My queen” he kneels down.

“What?” she glares down at him.

“We found the body of the Third and just like the princess said, he was with the mercenaries”

She frowns and stands up “Liar!”

“I-It’s true” the guard shivers.

The woman walks towards the guard “I had enough with everyone’s lies, I should cut your head off”

“W-Wait!” the guard cowers.

“What?” she crosses her arms.

“T-The body was ripped open” he looks up at the queen.

She frowns “What do you mean by that?”

“The way that he was killed is similar to the way that the knights were killed last night”

She was confused “You mean for the beast?”

He nods.

The queen takes a step back and sits back down “You are dismissed” she mutters while thinking.

“W-What was that? My queen”

“GET OUT OF HERE” she yells.

The guard quickly stands up and leaves the room.

The queen starts thinking the words of the guard and the princess, there was something that it didn’t fit and she was going to find out who killed her son…

And maybe… get a way to take the princess out of the crown.