𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔦𝔢𝔰 ℌ𝔢 𝔗𝔬𝔩𝔡

Ezra left, and like that, they were alone.

"Master Privy." Erin stared expectantly at him.

How long had she been waiting for a moment like this? A moment to finally hear something, or anything, about her aunt.

Forever, she thought. A painstaking forever.

"So, what information do you have about Sabina?" She crossed her legs, and she felt his eyes follow the movement.

Her dress was thin, so she pulled the hem and made sure it neatly covered her skin.

"Master Privy?" she tried again, yet all he did was stare at her.

His bluish-grey eyes were examining all of her with a silent coldness she felt.

His gaze was starting to disturb her. "Master Privy, if you are just going to stare at me, then I shall take my leave," she huffed, reaching for her walking cane.

As soon as she moved, he stood up to full height.

For a moment, his figure imposed over her, but it was cut short when latched his hand over hers just as she grabbed the cane.

"Lady Erina, I consider myself a reasonable, rational man," he spat, hot spit landing on her forehead. "But I will not be insulted in this manner!" His voice dropped to a deeper, gruff level as he hissed.

"What are you talking about?" she confusingly asked, startled by his rise intensity of fury and rage.

"Do not act as if you do not know what I am talking about!" He gripped her hand even tighter and with so much force she felt her bone crack against the cane.

Wincing in pain, she tried to wriggle her hand out.

In rapid-fire demands he questioned her. "What is your relationship with him? Have you been unfaithful to me?"

Erin sucked in her wavering breath while her heart started to crash against her chest in a sporadic pattern. She would have been screaming if she hadn't been caught up in a storm of frustration and confusion. "Who and what are you talking about!"

"Stop pretending with me! You are my  fiancé soon to be!" His nails dug into her skin.

Fiancé? She tried to structure her thoughts amid a flurry of scattered thoughts and panic.

It was in that split second of disorganized chaotic running thoughts that something came to the forefront of her mind; 'Your father and I were talking about things regarding Master Privy and you.'

It was something her mother had said the last time they all had dinner together. Before, she considered it an insignificant detail. But now, as she felt the stinging pain of his grip, she realized she was so terribly wrong.

With a hard swallow, she knew she needed to gain control of the wildly escalating situation.

"Reuben." She gave him her worst glare. "I swear if you do not let go of my hand and stop disrespecting me in my father's home, I shall scream and have the guards put---."

--SLAP!

She gasped as he wacked her hard against the cheek. He didn't carry the same powerful force as her father, but it left the same effect; she was shellshocked with a throbbing cheek, pain ruminating throughout her face.

"I've always liked your fiery persona, Erina, but you will know when to stop lying and making a fool out of me. I am your future husband to be and you will not treat me like this. Now tell me the truth. Have you allowed other men to lay with you?"

She touched her tingling cheek. She was shocked but unsurprised.

"Guar---!" As soon as she opened her mouth to scream, he placed his hand over her mouth.

Immediately a struggle broke out. She kicked back with all of her might, but with a sprained ankle she barely put up a fight as he pinned her down against the floors.

"Lady Erina, if you cannot tell me that you are pure, then I must confirm that you are still faithful to our union."

Through muffled screams and shrieks, she punched and struggled as he pulled off his neck ascot and stuffed it into her mouth.

"You know you've forced me to do this." He positioned himself on top of her.