𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

EP3: A Night to remember

_____

*The next day*

Piercing stares..

Glares..

Glances.. 

All were thrown away towards her direction.

"Who is she? Is she the daughter of the CEO?"

"She look so beautiful. But probably a brat-"

"Oh shoot-! you are just newly promoted right? The identity and name of the CEO was kept hidden to provide security and lessen the controversy inside the company. We are the only ones who know who the CEO is here on the upper management. There's some who oppose her promotion anyways so we can't spread the CEO's identity"

"Wait- You're telling me she's the CEO?"

Haerin paused on her tracks to glance towards their direction. The employees shivered in fear and ran away immediately.

"I'm hungry.."
Haerin mumbled. She just finished her 2nd meeting today. She doesn't even have the chance to eat breakfast. And it's already past-lunch time already.

"Ms. Cha!"
She turned her head to look at the man running to her direction.

"Yes Vice Pres. Kim?"

Kim Leedo. The Vice President of the board. He smiled at her. Hae-rin beamed back with a fake one.

'What a pain..'

"It seems like you are rather busy right now."

"Yes. What do you want to say?"

"I heard the negotiations with the Chin Group went very well."

"naturally....."
Haerin glanced on her fingernails. Kim Leedo gulped his saliva to prevent himself from spitting bad words to the ceo.

"I just wanna congratulate you from taking the position of your father. We are on your hands now."
He bowed.

'As far as i can recall he's against me taking the position. What a fake one.'

"Is that all?"
She replied shortly.

"W-What?"

"I don't have spare time with this chats. Talk to me when you have something important to say already."

"Ahh yes. Sorry for bothering you."

"Well then, Excuse me."
She said, walking towards the elevator leaving the old man speechless and frustated with her curt attitude.

"You should be much more lenient when it comes to your employees Ms. Cha."
Byun Minji, her assistant told her as the elevator door closed. Hae-rin ignored her statement and just waited the elevator door to open again.

"What's my next meeting?"

The both of them walked towards her office, seeing Jay casually sitting on the sofa and drinking whisky.

"It's the Marriage interview with the second son of the Shim Group. 19:00 sharp, at the Eden Garden's lounge."
Jay walked towards her desk and gave her the brown envelope she asked for.

"This is the thorough profile you asked for."
Hae-rin nodded her head and took the envelope, opening it eventually.

"Alright then. Please begin the preparations."