𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐱

EP 36: Damsel in Distress

______________________

Timestamp: 5 hours: 38 minutes: 22 seconds before Cha Haerin's death

"Hello?"
Heeseung answered the phone call from an unknown number, He was sitting in front of his computer and is trying his best to find Haerin.

"I found her, Heeseung-hyung."
He immediately stopped typing on his keyboard after hearing Jake's voice and his sentence. Jake was staring outside of the plane's window. he sighed and shut his eyes close.

"You- how?"
That's the first thing that came to his mind.  Jake shrugged his shoulder as if the older an see him,

"It doesn't matter. I'll send you-"
he was cut by an attendant bowing in front of him, giving the plane's telephone to him.

"Give me a second, Heeseung-hyung. I'll call again."
He hung up his call with Heeseung, leaving the older hanging for the information he has. Heeseung contacted him agaij and again but his phone was in silent. Jake looked at the attendant.

"A girl named Jung Suhee wants to speak with you, Mr. Shim."

'Jung Suhee...?'
Jake took the telephone and asked the attendant to leave at once. He took a deep sigh before answering.

"Hello..."

"It's been awhile, oppa.."
Jung Suhee grinned while sitting in front of Haerin's glass cube. Haerin looked at her.

'jake...?'

"Suhee..... why did you do that?"
jake tried his best to remain calm, clenching his trembling fist to suppress his emotions from coming out.

"Jake-oppa, She's bugging you lately right? I took care of her now~"

"Let her go, Suhee. "

"Why would I? Didn't you despised her? I'm trying to help you here, oppa." Jung Suhee chuckled, looking back at Haerin " And besides, she's having so much fun here. "

"you're lunatic."
jake breathlessly whispered. Suhee laughed at him.

"My love for you drove me crazy. You should blame yourself, Jake."
her ominous laugh escaped on her lips. Haerin gritted her teeth and glared at Suhee.

"If you want to save her, Come here. ALONE. Bring someone with you and she'll die. I'll wait for you here, Oppa..."

The phone call immediately ended, leaving Jake speechless.

he looked at his ringing phone seeing Heeseung's number calling him back. he took hisphone and answered it.

"AT LAST YOU ANSWERED IT! SO WHERE IS SHE??!!"
Jake looked at the window once again.

"Come here, Alone. Bring someone with you and she'll die..."

"I... do not know, hyung. My intel told me it wasn't actually her... A f-false alarm."

"you- really..?"
He can hear heeseung sighing from the other side of the line.

"Okay I see.. I'll get back to finding her again."

"rest for now, Hyung. I'll handle everything from here."
he told the older, finally dropping the phone call to call someone again.

"What's up? You called?"
Sunghoon picked the call up.