𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

EP 53: Forget me not

_________________________

"Jaeyun-ah! Come out and plaaaay~ Why do you love reading about mom's flower so much? Don't you want to play with meee?"
The young jaehyun went inside Jaeyun's room, seeing his twin brother reading a picture book about flowers. Jaeyun just looked at his older brother, smiling at him before continuing to read once again.

"It's not like i don't want to play with you hyung. Mom told me that she'll let me join her to the arbotetum, if i memorized each flowers here on the book."

Jaehyun jumped to his bed and looked at the book his brother is reading.

"It's arboretum not arbotetum silly."
Jaehyun laughed and took the book from his brother.

"Yah- The book!"
Jaehyun threw the book to the window and grinned at his younger brother.

"You know that mom will still take you to the arboretum no matter what right? She's just joking! And you can't really memorize all of the flower inside that book! It's over 200!"

"But I am already on the 170th flower."
Young Jaeyun pouted and flicked his older brother's forehead.

"You said you want to play right?"

Jaehyun's eyes went wide and his grin went bigger. He pulled his brother's wrist and dragged him to the spacious garden.

"Let's play baseball! I am only playing with Leywin and he's boring because he always let me win so play with me instead."

"Sir. Leywin know you very well. he knew you'll cry if you lose."

"Whatever."
Jaehyun rolled his eyes and chuckled, still dragging Jaeyun towards where Leywin is.

"Leywin-ssi!! We're hereee!!"
Leywin looked at the two and smiled at them, bowing his head politely.

"Good morning Youngmaster Jaehyun, Youngmaster Jaeyun."
He greeted the two and gave them the bat and the ball.

"Jaeyun will play with us Leywin! you can be the catcher today! I'll pitch and Jaeyun will hit the ball. "
Jaehyun happily said and gave jaeyun the baseball bat.

"Okaaaay~ Here we gooo!"

They played countless rounds switching positions. There's no doubt that Jaehyun was talented with outdoor sports while Jaeyun is more of like the bookworm. He always got himself exhausted once in a while. He also can't hit the ball right so Jaehyun always laughed at him. Jaehyun always scored homerun but Jaeyun can't score at all.

"Okay Jaeyunnieee~ hit this!"

The young Jaehyun pitched softly in order for Jaeyun to hit it. The young Jaeyun was full of dedication and it paid off.

the sound of the bat hitting the ball made the two overjoyed with excitement. Finally, he hit the ball and scored homerun.

"Wooow.. That's faaaar!"
Jaeyu smiled at himself seeing the ball fly faraway from them.

"I'll go and get the ball Youngmaster Jaeyun."

"Why- You don't have to.. Leywin. we have so many ball here."

"But this is your first time hitting a homerun right Youngmaster? We should keep the ball."
jaeyun pouted and smiled at Leywin, feeling a bit touched.

"Then let me be the one to pick it up sir. Leywin. I'll be quick!"
he said and ran towards the wide bushes of the mansion's garden.

That was the only moment they have been waiting for.

Jaeyun saw the ball and ran towards it.

"there you are..."
While picking it u, He saw a pair of black shoes in front of him.

"Hello, Ahjussi.....?"

________________________

The sound of the police siren wailing all through out the corner of the street, it was pouring hard and yet, there was way too many people on the side of the road anticipating what will happen next.

A search and rescue operation commenced on a huge abandoned building near the Han River. It is said that the youngest heir of the Shim Corporation was abducted and was brought there. The ones who abducted Jaeyun didn't asked for ransom and enjoyed filming the kid while torturing him and sending it to his parents. They believed that it happened because of their rival mafia syndicates that wants to put them down.

That night, the abandoned building had no one other than the young Jaeyun. His abductors escaped and is still unknown.

"J-Jaeyun..."
His older twin, Shim Jaehyun that was holding the baseball that they found the day he went missing looked at the young boy as tears fell from his eyes. He saw how awfully he was tortured. Fresh bruises on his face, arms and legs, his fingernails torn apart, severe blade cuts that will scar on his chest and back forever, deep lacerations on his wrist and hints of electrocution and malnutrition... It was already a miracle that the boy is still alive.

He was mentally disabled starting from that day. He cannot speak, sleep and eat. His parents would force him but it would only trigger his trauma about what happened. The 3 days hell he experienced put him on a blank state. He was dilapidated inside and outside.

They gave him therapies, with the best doctors that will serve as his therapists but no one succeeded. The intense trauma the young boy experienced gave him a mental disorder called schizophrenia. He became suicidal, attempted to kill himself day after day, there was the time his family already tied him on the bed just to prevent him from cutting his wrist. The young boy can only be calmed down by the medicines but sooner or later he will try to kill himself again.

"jaeyun...."
Jaehyun walked towards Jaeyun's room, seeing his younger twin brother with chains on his wrist because he successfully destroyed the leather ties they are using on him.

"I'm r-r-really sorry...."
He cannot help it but to burst in tears while seeing his brother. It was his fault. Jaeyun blamed him and he blamed himself too.

"I...." It was the first time after weeks, he finally spoke a word. Jaehyun looked at him with wide eyes, anticipating the next words he'll say.

But the chained boy just looked at him with cold eyes, full of resentment.

"I HATE YOU."

__________

Starting from that day, Jaeyun grew stagnant with his sudden abnormal thinking. It was lessened, there's atleast a day in a week that he won't try to kill himself, but he never came back t his usual self after what happened. He became very cold to everyone, portraying no emotion at all.

Jaehyun tried his best and never gave up on him. he often visit him in the evening after his panic attacks and before he sleep.

"I'm sorry for what I said today Jaeyun-ah... I know I crossed the line.. I just want to tell you that I made friends today."

Jaehyun continued even if he's facing his back. Jaeyun refused to listen.

"her name is Cha Haerin. She's really really beautiful. You should really meet her. I told her that my name is Jaeyun... so that she can be your friend too. If you want to, You can meet her in the arboretum tomorrow."
As if he's not interested, Jaeyun didn't even uttered anything like the usual. Jaehyun stood up from his seat and walked towards the door.

"Good Night, Jaeyun-ah..."

he said and closed the door.

jaeyun was wide awake, his eyes staring at the void, he kept mumbling a name.

"Cha Haerin.... Cha Haerin... my friend...?"

____________________________

So this is how it all started~! Next chapter will be a continuation of what happened in the past! That's all, Lovelots!