𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

EP 60: way out of my league.

________________________

*A year later......

Haerin walked with a small smile on her face, carrying a bouquet of beautiful purple crocus on her hands. She smell the bouquet of flowers as she began to search for his grave.

The cemetery was huge. She didn't even know why they decided to bury him on Australia but never mind.

It's been a year after that incident. everything is still fresh for Haerin but she is trying her best to get over it. The past already happened and we cannot go back to where it started anymore.

We just need to accept it.

Finally, she arrived in front of the boy's grave. She smiled at herself and sat besides him, bowing her head politely.

"it's been a while, mr. Shim."
she closed her eyes and reminisced the moments she shared with him. everything. starting from the day they met each other up until his last breath.

"How am I doin? Better, even without you."
she bitterly chuckled and tried her best to not cry.

"The others are doing better too. Heeseung can walk now, he said that he can run as fast as a cougar now that his leg was healed."
Haerin laughed at herself while talking to no one.

"Jungwon and Sunghoon received proper treatments. both of them were best friends now and they are helping me with running the company."

She took a single stem of purple crocus from the bouquet and observed it.

"how about me? yeah, I am... okay..? I guess? "
She shrugged her shoulder, slowly taking out the petals from the flower she was holding.

"the business is doing great.. much better than the expected. even in the underground. I guess everyone is at peace now. there's no war happening anymore unlike last last year. I can still remember how i fight some bastards on the streets. y'know, It felt like drag racing or some sorts."
She chuckled, finally taking out the last petal of the flower she's holding.

"I never had the chance to bid a proper farewell to you."
She stood up and dusted herself off a bit after seeing a guy, walking towards her direction with a bright smile and a bouquet of daisies on his hands.

"'Til we meet again, Jaehyun-ah... I'll tell you something good about your brother next time."
She smiled widely and bowed her head.

"I knew you'll be here again."
Haerin turned towards his direction and smiled.

"How's the treatment?"
He shrugged his shoulder and gave her the bouquet of daisies on his hands. haerin sniffed on the flowers while looking at him.

"better than expected. The doctors said I can go to work any time soon. "

"that's a good news, Jaeyun."

Yes.

Jaeyun nodded his head and walked besides her.

"y'know it still haunts me while you still left me alive after everything i did."
Jake chuckled at her. Haerin tilted her head a bit, unable to find any answer.

"I want you to repent, but i don't want to kill you. It's not like i don't, but I won't and I can't."

Jaeyun is now undergoing treatment, on a mental institute that can help him cope up with his illness. everything is doing great and his records are going back to normal.

She saved him, that day. she can't kill him. She let him live, for the sake of him, herself and for their love.

"So that's your reason why you shoot the gun on the ceiling instead?"
Jake laughed at her, haerin just ruffled his hair. They arrived in front of the exit with both of them laughing.

"this feels quite nostalgic..."
Haerin said and mischievously smiled at Jake who just chuckled at her, picking up what she meant.

"The second son of the CEO of the Shim Group, Jake Shim."
Jake playfully looked at her hands on his shoulder once again and swept it away from him.

"That's not me."
He nonchalantly answered and walked towards the exit of the cemetery. Haerin followed him...

"I am Cha Haerin of the Nexus Group. Does that ring a bell to you?"
She asked him with a smirk. Jake halted on his track, slowly turning around.

"No."
He shortly replied, finally leaving the cemetery. Haerinpretended she was flustered and shocked, trying her best not to laugh. She ran towards where Jake walked in.

"Stop wasting our time Mr. Shim, I am here for the business."

"You're just wasting your time Ms. Cha. And mind your own business."
Jake said chuckling and proceed to walking towards the parking lot.

"I suppose the chairman of the Shim group already told you about me so you can refuse all you want. But deal is a deal. Can you just hear me out for a second?"

Jake stopped. They are already on the parking lot and in front of his car. He walked so fast to the point that Haerin was almost running just to keep up with his pace.

" Is this all about the marriage proposal? "
Haerin nodded her head.

" What do you think about it? This will benefit the two parties in the future. It's not just on our side, but on yours too."
She asked him. Jake looked away.

" I'm not interested."

" You're not interested with taking your father's seat?"

" Yeah. Not at all. "

'Unbelievable. '
She thought to herself with fake disappointment and fluster.

"and how come?"

"My brother is better than me when it comes to handling things. You should marry him instead."

He opened his car door. Before he can even went inside, Haerin pushed it back to close it and leaned unto the door, preventing him from opening it again. Jake locked her with his arms and stared at her eyes.

" Move. "

They tested each other by glaring into each other's eyes. No one wants to break the eye contact. No one wants to lose.

'Something is not right about her...'

Jake began his stream of thoughts, analyzing her moves and words one by one.

" I heard you fell in love already Mr. Shim."

"Yeah..?"

"I bet she's no better than me."

"Because you are always the better version of yourself."

he grabbed her waist and pulled her closer with a small smile on his lips.

"You drove me crazy Cha Haerin. I do not know why, i do not know how..."

Their foreheads touched, they stared at each other.

their eyes are talking, adoration and love, for the both sides, the unconditional love, something that will make you do cruel things just for the sake of one's happiness.

But it is also the only way to feel the feeling of loving a person with all your heart, with everything.

regardless of who they are and what they will be.

"I guess you are just way out of my league."

____________________________fin.