Chapter 10 Naira

I wrap my arms around Josh's neck, his skin is wet but warm.
I wasn't sure that Josh would want to kiss me, but then I thought about him sharing ice-creams, he didn't seem to mind.
I know I took a great risk.
Since the false kiss, my relationship with Mason hasn't been the same, I want it to be back to normal, so I'm going to kiss Josh to cover the awkwardness, he is the closest thing I have to a crush.
Josh puts his hands around my waist, pulling me closer.
I'm wearing a one piece swimsuit so he's not touching my back.
He don't seem overwhelmed of my sudden action.
I close my eyes, but I can feel his breath on my forehead.
I feel in a completely different world, where there is only Josh and I.
I lift my head up, waiting for his lips to touch mine.
Suddenly, something hits me on the head.
I open my eyes and find a beach ball next to us.
"Sorry, we didn't mean for it to hit you." Mason says and wades towards us to get the ball.

"Sorry." He says again when he picks the ball up,he continues with his game of aqua volleyball.

I immediately take my hands back and blush, looking at the surface of the water.

Josh's hands aren't on my waist anymore, and suddenly I wish they were still there.

I look up and his cheeks are flushed, he's looking at me.

We stand in silence for a while, waiting for the other person to speak.

I gather up my courage and speak, "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine. I'm sorry, I should have asked you if it's what you wanted." He pauses for a second. "Having your first kiss with me." He finishes, blushing.

I smile at him.

I swim to the other side of the pool to where Charlotte and Gemma are flirting with a group of boys. Well Charlotte is, Gemma's just standing there.

Gemma sees me and waves me over.

"Watch this." She whispers in my ear and giggles.

She pokes Charlotte in the back.

"Boys, this is my beautiful best friend, Naira." She turns around and winks at me before continuing, "She's more important than you idiots so I need to go now. Ta-ta!"

She wiggles her fingers in a wave and starts to leave.

"What's her phone number." One of the boys ask. He's got broad shoulders and a wide chest, not my type.

Charlotte answers for me. "Can't you ask her? I'm not her manager, you know. If you want her you need to treat her well, not like a sidekick."

She turns around but then flicks her head right back, "Oh, and I forgot to mention. She's already gotten herself a fit boyfriend, and if you want to know who he is, work out who's party you're at." She wades away, somehow, with style.

I decide smirk at the boy before following Charlotte out of the pool, she looks pleased with herself.

"Josh isn't my boyfriend." Is the first thing I say when I get out of the warm water, looking for my towel robe.

Gemma rolls her eyes, "We saw you."

We walk to the hut, order drinks, and take them to the lounge chairs at the far corner of the swimming pool.

"We didn't do anything." What? It's not a lie!

"Then why were you so ridiculously close to each other?" Charlotte smiles, she's probably already thinking about being my maid of honour.

"No, we weren't. It's probably got something to do with the angle." I really don't want to talk about Josh right now, but I don't want to say.

"It's OK if you don't want to talk about it." Gemma says, looking concerned.