•16•

Alex's POV

Maybe it's not my weekend.
But it's gonna be my year.

I changed my jacket and wore a different hoodie, still on my jeans by the way with the event earlier playing on my head.

My room was on the fourth door; my mom and dad used the first one then the second one was for my grandparents when they would visit, and the third is a guest room. The fifth one was a common room, an extra room, and has the ladder leading to the attic.

My current relationship with mum and dad is fine. I became distant at them on Year 7 till I've joined the Team 48 ---- Gangsta48. They must have reconsidered me a long time ago and just grew with how I'd treat them. I could say I now treat them like how I did before --- when everything was still normal, but there's still that invisible wall around me that I had built, keeping me an inch away to reality and its nature.

I stared at the window and saw the sun setting off. The darkness slowly envelop the whole area as the last ray die. I opened my window to watch the skies above. The sharp sensation of coldness engulfed me in a hug as I patiently wait for the stars to come out.

Sitting on my bed, I gazed at the stars without thinking anything at all. They glimmer in darkness; the stars. They were beyond my grip but I wanted to reach them from here. Sometimes I wonder what would it feels like to be above; shining; bright; and Happy. I wonder what it felt to be a star. But stars could brought us different lessons; it symbolises different representations. Stars got various of meanings. Like how life got many definitions, but it is likely our own experience that define life truly.

Some says that stars are dead.
What a beautiful dead boy then.
What if, when they're still alive, they were left alone in the darkness. They don't have any spectrum of light at all. What if after they had died, they then had been praised; they had shone.

Like they were unappreciated at first, and they left. Their absence was missed. And now they had been gone, they were being valued.

And I see myself as a star; floating in the darkness. I see myself as one of them and everyone was with me --- those who ever felt left out --- shining; floating in space; staying; not giving up; never changing.

Stars do fall; stars do somber.
And stars stays; it stays through darkness and daylight. We may not see 'em being there at daytime, but they're out there.

They were covered by the bright light; never their comfort zone. It was darkness we appreciate more at our darkest hour; No one would see how melancholy withhold our ecstasies; none knew how somber we are.

Or maybe light was the star's comfort zone. None would see them as skies was covered with light. And they were light. They'll just be the 'no one'.

Like they could cry as no one sees them since everything was as bright as the day. Analogous to us at night, as darkness engulfed our thoughts and darkness was present externally.

I caught a star glimmered like how it shows different spectrum of colours, like the Christmas lights, or a disco ball; I caught a star sparkling at me. It sparks reminded me of the guy named Jack. It reminded me of the first time we made an eye contact at the bus; I've caught his eyes, just like the stars, it sparks.

Now as I watched the whole galaxies as they spark. They reminded me of how Jack's eyes shimmer. And he was a stranger. I couldn't understand why a stranger reminded me of a star. I loved stars.

The doorbell rang, interrupting me from my trance. I couldn't see who were the ones who did that since my window was facing our backyard/ the right side of our house which opposes Rian's window. We were kinda friends but never friends.