•3•

JACK'S POV

I settled on the back, fumbling my hands for minutes before the room was filled with students of all sorts.

Ms. Williams looked up, her head above her laptop and scanned everyone's faces. She then looked at her wristwatch worryingly and averted her gaze back to her laptop again, clicking.

Everyone settled on their seats, didn't really mind talking. I wasn't really up for having a new friend so I just sated there, rummaging with my phone.

"Barakat, right?" Someone asked and I looked up to a familiar guy, sitting on my front.

"Yeah." I answered while throwing him a suspicious look as I study his features.

"The name is Rian. Rian Dawson." He introduced all of a sudden and offered me his hand.

"Nice meeting you, I guess." I've answered, keeping the last part for myself as I reluctantly gave my hand for a shake with his.

"Talk to you later." He replied and turned his head on the front board. I honestly think I know him, and I clearly remember where we have met. We didn't actually talked outside but we're more like civil. I just don't wanna talk about it for now.

The bell rang and Ms. Williams stood up. Just before she could entirely stand up, a boy appeared with Blink-182 shirt, and a messy hair like mine. I've kinda admit he looks cool. It's okay to compliment your fellow guys, right?

He was face down by the way, then he looked up to scan the back portion of the room till he spotted an empty seat next to mine. I thought our eyes have met for a second and I felt a different air around me --- not being too exaggerated.

Ms. Williams caught my attention with a fake cough and she smiled at everyone. I could still see him on my peripheral view walking towards me with his gaze tightly fixed on the ground like he was an invisible man. I could feel something, that something blocking me from him in a form of a thick air, a sort of barricade.

Finally, when he reached the spot, he settled on the chair beside me and I couldn't care less. But I wasn't really obvious about eyeing him. Then I mentally cursed myself for not paying attention to Ms. Williams for a minute.

"That's it then." I heard her say and shot me a look, or did I see her eyes lingered on the boy with the same look that Matilda have given me back in the office. I don't care anyways.

Then she made a recap on her lesson 'figure of speech'. And went on an another lesson which I didn't really find amusing.

Did I mentioned that I hate paying attention to classes? Cause seriously back there at my former school, I don't really pay a damn eye on class. I don't even went to my classes which wasn't an absolute bombshell. Vic knew that cause he was with me, and it screwed us up. It's not just us anyways, there were like more of us than you could have imagine. But at least I didn't repeat a year.

The minutes have gone too fast and I just looked on the front the whole time, pretending that I'm paying attention. My seatmate, from my own point of view, --- as I could see him on my peripheral view --- jotted every word came from the mouth of our teacher, Ms. Williams. He was paying real attention. I wouldn't took the subject as a tedious one but I think it was nearly on the aspect. But still a no since we've got a hyper teacher.

The bell rang after and we all scurried on our feets. I took my bag on my shoulder and pushed my way outside with the small crowd of students from my class.

Vic was already there waiting with a grin on his face. I walked closer to him and he kinda teased, "survive the first subject, ha, tough guy?"

"What do you think." I answered with an eye roll.