Chapter 1

Copyright © tiyashidas123

Here is the first chapter.

--- --- ---

"Radha? Where are you going?" Mother asks.

Oh no! She caught me again.
Everytime she catches me.

What reason will I give her this time?
Not that I have given her excuses many times. In fact, I do not like to lie. But this time we are going a little far, so she might not allow me to go, as nightfall is also not far.

"Um, well, you see, I'm just, I'm just, going out!" I say.

That is all I can say? Mother is not going to believe me!

"I can see that you are going outside. What I want to know is, where." She looks up at me from her work finally.

"I uh, I was going to errr..." She raises her eyebrows at me when I trail off.

I sigh. Nah. I can not lie to her.

"The thing is that me and my friends have decided to go to Madhuvan. So can I go?" I add in a small voice.

"Do not be late." She goes back to her work.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I embrace her from behind as she smiles slightly.

»»——♡——««

"You look so...bright." Lalita observes as I come out of the house.
A small scrunch between her brows, as she is trying to decipher the reason for my happiness.

My other friends are also standing beside her, eagerly waiting to hear if mother has allowed me to go to Madhuvan, as this is alsmost dusk.

Lalita, Vishakha, Champaklata, Tungavidya, Chitra, Indulekha, Rangadevi, Sudevi and me. We nine are all very good friends.

But Lalita, Vishakha and me are closer. Maybe because our houses are also a bit closer.

"Why, of course. Ma granted me permission for going to Madhuvan." I say happily.

Their faces becomes bright with happiness as they hear me.

"Oh good! Then it shall not be of any problem with our mothers either." They cheer.

"But they did not pay so much attention before." I muse. Refering to the elders.

Yes, we were not this much restricted to go out before, even if it is a little far and even if it is after dark.

But now there are some restrictions.
Sobhan and Nikunj wanted to go to a village for which they have to cross two forests, and they weren't allowed to go.

"Didn't you hear about the Demons attacking Gokul? I think that is the reason for their worries." Vishakha says.

"Yes. But why would our mothers be worried? We live in Raval. Not Gokul." I furrow my brows.

"Gokul and Raval are not much far away. They are practically twins." She mutters. And others nod at her.

"Besides I heard that the people from Gokul are moving to Vrindavan due to the frequent demon and monster attacks.
Lord Nand is worried about his son Krishn." Tunga says, dancing in her way instead of just walking.

"Krishn!" Indu whispers dreamily.

"Shut it down, Indu. This is not the time for you trancing over Krishn." Vishakha snaps.

Yeah. She is the strict one among us.

"Yes and I think we will be moving to Vrindavan too. Elders had a meeting yesterday. I heard your father saying that, Radha. I was eavesdropping." Lalita says. A little guilty look on her face.

"O Radha! Lord Nand and your father are best friends, why don't you introduce us to Krishn?" Sudevi exclaims.

My father, Lord Nand and King Bosudev are best of friends.

But I have never met him, except when they visited after few days or months of his birth. But I myself was very small at that time, would I be able to recall? And even, he is about maybe 17 years old now, so he must look different.

"I do not know Krishn myself." I mutter. And I have no wish of befriending him either. I have heard about his charms and that he is a ladies' man. I would not want to be friends with a guy who steals clothes of bathing females!

Yes, that guy's stories are famous. They say he looks like a god. So dreamy and divine. And that he talks politely to people and is very charming and good natured and a little bit naughty too at times.

"But you will! He is so dreamy, so handsome and so strong! He fights all those demons and monsters." Indu says with a dazed look on her face.

These girls I tell you!

"Along with his brother. Remember that Sudevi, Indu." I reply irritatedly.
His brother is always with him. They have a very good bond, people say.

"I am with Radha on this." Says Vishakha as we finally reach Madhuvan.

Madhuvan, although a kind of forest, it is very beautiful. The trees, the flowers, it is like God personally decorated where each tree should be, where each flower should bloom, which angle should the branches hang, where should the birds' nests be, everything expertly.

One can spend hours in Madhuvan. Basking in nature's beauty. Listening to the sweet songs of the birds. In day time there must be many birds chirping and squirrels and little fluffy rabbits running here and there. Sometimes the deers also might come out while the peacocks are dancing with it's feathers out as it rains.

The dreamy painting that I just painted in my mind feels too real. Like I can touch the rain as it reaches my fingertips.
A sensation clouds my mind. That something good is happening. Like someone is near. Like I am at home.

"Whatever you say. Krishn is amazing, there is no denying that." Champa sides with them. Her voice bringing me a little a out of my thoughts but the sensation is still there.

I start taking steps near the tree behind me. My feet going backwards as if something is pulling me.

"True. I am very amazing." Says a deep voice from behind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to vote!
Here is the first chapter as promised.

Thank you
Tiya