Chapter 17

Copyright © tiyashidas123

--- --- ---

"I can open the path to outside of the cave but we will have to manage the food. Some fruits preferably." Says Revati's father.

"There are some fruits down the hallway." Revati says.

"No no. We need fresh fruits. In case they eats more. The two of you, stay here." Revati's father steps out of the door.

»»--♡--««

"Where are you going?"

"I am going to the riverside. Father needs help with taking the pots to the other side." Balraam says, going out of the main doors.

Krishn returns to his bedchamber.

The mattress feels a little hard today. And somewhat uncomfortable. Were the pillows always this high?

Why is the bed so small all of a sudden? Or did he get more tall? Even the littlest bit of movements is making his feet touch the wood at the end of the bed.

After a while of restlessness, Krishn gets out of his bed.

He sits in front of his window glancing back and forth from the view outside the window to his flute lying on the settee.

A few minutes later he picks up his flute and approaches the forest.

He goes to Madhuvan this time, instead of Nidhuvan.

He has been here before, hasn't he?

He must have, this tree, this place seems so familiar.

Maybe he came here with his friends.
But then, he hadn't ever come this deep into this forest. Just the part which is closer to Vrindavan.
Because they had recently moved to Vrindavan.

He leans against the tree.
And the feeling of familiarity returns again.
He stares up at the sky. At the moon. Full moon is still faraway.
He stares at his flute and then sitting on the trunk of a tree, he starts playing the flute.

The melody flows into the forest, as though trying to find someone. Someone so dear that it does not wants to let that person stay away. It wants that person to be close, always.
Maybe he wants that too.

»»--♡--««

"It has been nice having you here." Revati says.

"I am glad that I met you. It would have been better if we met outside of this cave." I say.

She smiles.

"Have you eaten fully?" I ask Lalita and Vishakha.

They nod.
We found them in a nearby chamber. They were not restrained either.

"Now now, the monsters, they can come any moment." Revati's father say in a hurry.

"Yes, yes. And thank you." I tell them and step out if the cave.

It feels nice to be outside the cave. It feels alive.

"Radha? What are you doing here?"

I turn around and there stands Balraam.

"Dau? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I came to help father moving the pots of butter. Who are they?" He asks looking at Revati and her father.

"Oh, she is Revati and that is her father." I say.

He nods.

"Come Lalita." I call.

Vishakha is already outside.

Lalita also comes out.

"Come. Why are you still there?" Dau says to Revati and pulls her out of the cave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote!
And do say if you have any confusion.

Stay safe.

Thank you.
Tiya ♡