i woke up and...

<chuu>

"you had dinner with her family and we're only knowing this now?!"

lesson number one, always update your friends about important stuff. damn, they're scary when they do not get the tea right away. i smirked a little as the giddy feelings whenever i think about last thursday always rush back.

"ya, kim jiwoo! don't you dare just give us that daring smile. spill some deets!" hyejoo urged.

i laughed and finally answered them after minutes of persuasion, "nothing grand happened. we just ate dinner, had small talks with her parents, and that's it."

chaewon raised an eyebrow at me, saying, "are you sure that's all that happened?"

yerim also gave her insight, "i bet there's something she's not telling us. come on, jiwoo. don't be shy."

"i'm not kidding, though! that's all there is to it!" my eyes widened.

though, seriously, there was not much that happened that time. i could only remember them asking where i lived back then, but that's about it.

it was actually an awkward conversation because... there were parts in my hometown that i don't wanna remember. so, the fact that i'm separated from my family was actually my decision in the first place.

i think my narrative has been long enough. let's stop here.

the four of us got up as the bell rang and headed towards our designated classrooms. before parting, hyejoo gave me an 'i'm watching you' look. i just gulped and smiled at her.

i entered the room with boisterous classmates conversing with each other in high frequency. though, despite their noise, i still manage to sleep soundly.

speaking of which, as it is the period after lunch time, i'm getting kind of sleepy again. what's new?

"you're gonna snooze again, narky?" the dude in front of me snorted a laugh with his seatmate. lia, on the other hand, kicked his seat which made him stumble a bit. "y-ya!" the guy leaned a bit towards lia.

"-what? you gonna hit me?" lia sassed. he just huffed and fixed himself up on his seat again.

i guess some foreigners really are a tough gum and choi jisu is one of them. it was kind of sweet of her to fend for my inevitable habit. her girlfriend must be so lucky to have her.

oh, right.

i haven't talked to sooyoung all day. i'm actually dumb enough not knowing what to reply to her 'good morning' text. don't get me wrong, it was a conversation ender.

i looked at my side to gain a sight of her. she's just looking out the window, disinterested yet again for another period.

hyunjin and jungeun were not wrong they said something's off about sooyoung. as someone who has liked her for so long, i could tell the same.

what did not change, though, was the same butterfly feelings that she can give me even by doing nothing at all. staring at her like this would have been a fun habit, well, if it weren't for her coincidentally gazing back at me. as she did right now.

um, jiwoo. you're supposed to look away.

i guess i got used to it by now. sooyoung also kept the stare. here we go again in this moment. the same moment in the hallway. and the same moment here when she came back from her absence.

but something was different, i couldn't point a finger at it. there were no smiles exchanged. she had a sullen look. it was as if she was—.

"take out your books. we have a new lesson today!" my geometry teacher announced. "and don't you even think about it, miss kim jiwoo."