closer?

<chuu>

"miss kim jiwoo."

i looked up at our subject teacher. it was weird getting my name called, i was not even sleeping. 

"since mr. park would not be joining us anymore, please transfer to the seat next to sooyoung."

oh wow, so there's really a benefit being the student in the corner.

i subtly nodded, trying to hide my grin. my tummy butterflies were starting to act up. not now! i packed my notebooks. the teacher began his lecture.

someone tapped me by the arm. as expected, it was my lovely seatmate, err, i guess former seatmate now.

"you go, girl!," lia whispered with smiling eyes.

"don't miss me too much," i gave a cheeky smile.

i went my way towards my new seat. in the corner of my eyes, sooyoung was indeed secretly smiling. as for me, i'm glad to be here. at least she would not be able to fear her school days ever again.

she looked at me with hopeful eyes. i knew she was happy, too. i smiled back with my heart skipping a beat. though, hiding does not really matter here anymore now, does it?

still, i was her friend first.

it has been a while since i confessed to her. we had gotten this close.

and... i've saved her from her misery.

now that the one who was causing her pain is gone, will she leave me, too?

our text messages last night. sooyoung had told me everything. how she found me as her escape. how she was glad i was there for her.

that was when i knew; she felt guilty.

although we all couldn't read emotions through texts, but the fact that she was telling me all those things just said it all.

and so, i just reassured her after. i told her that she doesn't have to worry; that she could always rely on me. 

but i guess her guilt was eating her up.

even though we became seatmates, she has not talked to me the whole day.

her friends just kept calling her whenever i tried to start a conversation.

now, i really have no idea what i should do.