let's go

<chuu>

so weird.

i munched on my cookie as i watched another confession attempt to sooyoung. same old, same old. she left him there, hanging. i took another bite while my sight followed the girl and her friends. how can she reject them, then accepts mine?

i don't think i have ever talked to jungeun and hyunjin before. surprised even i knew their names. those three seemed like a weird bunch even though they're the popular ones, but i guess first impressions don't matter. if sooyoung saw a friend in them, then it's safe to say that they're nice.

"what'chu looking at?"

i jumped at chaewon's crunchy whisper. she laughed a bit and i rolled my eyes.

"you know," i answered.

"i thought you said you're keeping it lowkey?"

"i am..." i responded seriously. i went back to look at the trio and muttered, "i just can't believe she accepted my gift."

"you gave your yves a gi-!?"

i instantly covered her mouth and hushed her. i pushed chaewon farther from the cafeteria as soon as their eyes went over here. she just complied.

phew, that was a close one. this chaewon may be small, but she really knows how to up her voice volume.

"don't mention that name!" i told her.

chaewon fixed her collar and replied with a smirk, "what are you so ashamed of? you've been using that as a nickname for her for four years."

"look, 'yves' was not a nickname. it was a code name, okay?"

"alright. anyway, i should head back to the others. hit us up when you need anything. bye!~"

she skipped back to hyejoo and yerim, leaving me standing in the middle of the ground floor. they seemed to be concerned of me considering that chaewon followed me right after i finished my lunch. i felt kind of bad that i didn't get to spend as much time with them today as we usually do. but i'm sure they understood.

now, where was i? oh, right. i didn't even know why i stalked sooyoung in the first place.

great way in toning down your feelings.

well, what was i supposed to? i couldn't just ignore the fact that she took the music box. that's the very first gift she accepted from a confessor... at least, so far from what i've seen.

"miss kim jiwoo!"

i immediately opened my eyes and straightened my head. gosh, darn it. here we go again.

"mr. smith needs your homework by today," my hangul teacher informed me and added, "and stop sleeping in my class! you have a few minutes left until you get to go home!"

fuck! i forgot to pass my geometry paper yesterday!

gay panic doesn't really help in my academics. i really got to start controlling it and keeping it chill. i can at least do that, right? this is for the betterment of my grades (i hope).

i slightly bowed in agreement and stayed awake.

"you actually seem kind of active these days," lia whispered to me.

i replied, "yeah, well, starting a new life is not that easy."

"woah, jiwoo. you're amazing."

"not amazing as you, lia-ssi."