look up, sleepyhead

the next day...

<chuu>

not even a minute after sitting, i already put my head down on my desk. it's our first period and i'm starting to doze off again.

before going to dreamland, i checked my phone once more.

///

YVES

[me:]

sooyoungie? it's me, jiwoo. i'm wondering if you're getting better? text back when you have the time..
11:07 p.m.

you awake?

woops sorry.. that should have been obv, my bad hehe umm hope you're feeling better! come to school when you're well, okay?
11:08 p.m.

---t h u r s d a y---

[me:]

goodmorning, yves! i hope to see you soon. don't forget to eat and drink your meds.
7:02 a.m.

///

god, jiwoo. what was that heart for?

she must have thought i was so pathetic that i never got a reply from her. probably because dumb me chose the best time to hit her up which was literally an hour before midnight. and she's sick, for fucks sake. jiwoo, you airhead!

i sighed feeling upset about my impulsiveness.

if it wasn't so obvious, i tend to think lowly of myself. if only i had enough confidence, then i would have confessed to sooyoung years ago!

to be frank, i guess it's always been a part of me. apart from my insecurity, the reason why i didn't want to confess before was that sooyoung's already the talk of the town here in our academy. the amount of men going all out for her were already too much for her.

1) i didn't wanna add up to her stress; and 2) i'm a girl. i didn't want to tarnish her name.

did i think it was wrong for two girls to date? no. did i think it was inappropriate for sooyoung to date a girl? absolutely not.

although i'm not sure what sooyoung's orientation is, i still do not wish for her to get criticized and hurt by anybody.

anyone who torments my sooyoung goes through me.

so, that's why i took the chance to confess to her that time. it was just the two of us.

the vibrate coming from my hoodie pocket woke me up. i lazily took out my phone and saw that someone messaged me, though i couldn't make up of the name as i just got up from my quick nap.

i rubbed my eyes for a second so that i could see it clearly. i, then, opened my messaging app.

///

[YVES ♥:]

you could have called me, you know... anyway, look up, sleepyhead. :)
8:13 a.m.

///

as i was reading her text, i heard my classmates' light gasps.

i obeyed the text and looked up, full of anticipation.

after smiling and waving at me, sooyoung went to her seat

after smiling and waving at me, sooyoung went to her seat. i... i didn't even get to wave back, though.

i was too busy staring at her gorgeous face. even after being ill, she still looks fine as hell! how does one do that?

my eyes followed her until she sat down.

sooyoung looked at me again, but this time, the gay heavens are on my side today and i finally didn't look away.

she... smiled at me. and i smiled back, of course. then, our stares just stayed.

i could hear my heart beating faster. the yves-ffect is going to kill me.

our first period teacher suddenly walked in. so, we both fixed our positions.

i sighed in relief.

i missed you.

<yves>

i missed you.

~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~

[A/N:]

heya!~ making up for last slow update.. :) hope you orbits enjoyed this one!

keep smiling xx

#stanLOONA