chuu and yves

<chuu>

why are we walking home together? i don't know either!

this is absurd. she could have gone home with anyone, but why me? four years, she forgot i existed. not once, she tried to initiate a conversation with me. since that day.

i wanted to forget all about it. i never intended for my feelings to grow like this. it was just supposed to be one incident... one interaction... why did it have to go so fast?

i guess i really am the girl who falls easily. i admit i've liked a lot of people in middle school, but it was never this intense as i have with sooyoung. it's like she has this spell that really kept me attached to her.

my house is a twenty-five minute walk from school. it's only been ten minutes and we've been silent for a long time.

as soon as i realized that my thoughts were slowly drowning me, i took out my strawberry yogurt milk, opened it, and sipped on it. then, i caught a glance from sooyoung. she must have been wondering something.

"it was you, right?"

i pressed my lips together to get all the excess milk from its edges. i closed my eyes to control my reddening face. i slowly breathed out and looked at her. but then, being the panicky me as i am, i quickly looked away after glancing at those beautiful eyes. it seemed like she wore colored contacts today.

sooyoung pointed at the drink i was holding.

"oh... oh! y-yeah," i stuttered. the fuck? get a grip, jiwoo! i mentally slapped myself.

"thank you."

"mmm," i just nodded and hummed in return. out of all the responses i could have given, a freaking hum. 

thanks to me, i just made our little interaction really awkward as heck.

which reminds me; i wanted to ask her why she cried that day, but i felt like it's not my business to cross. so even with the killing curiosity that's burning up inside me, i remained quiet instead. i didn't wanna get to her bad side.

all of a sudden, given the weird and silent atmosphere we built up for the past two minutes, a chuckle escaped from the mouth of this girl beside me. 

out of impulse, i shot her an annoyed look, saying, "ya! what's so funny?"

she smiled, looking down on the ground, and replied, "i don't know how you put up with liking me. even i can't keep up with a decent conversation."

i instantly stopped my tracks. she followed my halt and gave me a confused expression.

"are you crazy!?" i yelled with my eyebrows furrowed.

my mind knew that i just burst with no reason. i felt bad already. a part in me probably knew that i only said that because i like her a lot. there was no reason to go insecure with me.

i internally scoffed. i should be the one getting insecure.

i sighed and continued to walk with sooyoung continuing as well.

"i'm way out of your league, anyway..." i said a bit quieter, dragging my words as if i didn't want her to hear them. "i may be the only girl in school who likes you as much as those senior dudes, but i'm no different from them."

"you're different, chuu."

there she goes again with that nickname. "where'd you even get that? 'chuu', i mean."

sooyoung abruptly stopped. i almost tripped whilst looking back at her and pausing as well.

as i looked at the house beside us, it was mine.

"ya! you didn't have to bring me all the way home!" i whined as i walked towards the gate of my house, opening it afterwards.

i tried not to sound obvious. even though i knew she passes by here. 

before stepping inside and saying my 'goodbye', a question just popped out of my mind.

"oh, right... you stopped before me," i faced her. "how'd you know this was my house?"

i knew that she passes by here, but i never expected her to know my house exactly.

sooyoung looked up at something. realization kicked in when i finally noticed where she was glancing at.

it was an apple tree that was born beside my house for ages.

oh, shit... does she-

"chuu..." sooyoung turned back to me. she held out her pointy finger and said, "you're chuu."

i gulped. my heart was going crazy once again. it never really came to my mind that she would remember. it was four years ago!

but then, i couldn't really believe what i just heard. she called me, what she assumed that time, by my name. four years since that one little encounter happened. four years and she never talked to me again until today.

i waited for my inner blood rush to calm down. a panic was the least of my needs right now.

then, i responded, "and you're yves."

her lips were then curved to a smile which magnified her cheekbones. my entire body just melted. anyone would kill to see that smile. and i was glad that i was the one who made her do that. automatically, i grinned in reaction.

"well, i gotta head in," i shyly stated. sooyoung just nodded in return. i stepped until on my porch. i looked back at her, waving, "keep safe going home!"

"i will!" she waved back.

~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~

[A/N:]

sorry for the late update! things have been hectic in this household.

with the current situation, i would also like to address to keep voicing out our rights and fight for those who cannot. #blacklivesmatter 

no matter what gender, race, religion, or nationality you are, there will always be people who will give you dissent. but always remember that there also will be people who will give you support as much as love and respect.

don't let the hope run dry.

keep smiling, bbies. xx