strawberry yogurt milk

slam!

my eyes shot open by the sound of the wooden table. i knew i was getting scolded, but my ears were somehow still half-asleep which made the voices muffled. even after rubbing my eyes, my nerves refused to listen.

as my vision finally cleared out, lots of eyeballs were looking at me as if i was a criminal. this always happens, anyway.

ah... seoul orbit high. one thing that really sucked about being in this prestigious school was that everyone doesn't really give a shit about each other because of privileged fucks. though, my friends were definitely an exception. just few companions were enough to have me survive this hellhole.

i was now in my twenty-third round of being reproached by teachers this week; fourth for this particular one in our class at the moment.

"when are you going to fix your habits, miss kim?"

my brain was still in my dreamland, so i could not really respond right away. i just continued staring at our biology teacher with my mouth agape.

then, i felt a nudge on my left arm. i flinched and was finally back in the real world. turning towards my seatmate, choi jisu "lia", i muttered a 'what'. she pointed at the teacher in front who had her arms crossed.

as much as i'd be that typical inattentive and dumb student, i still had my ethics and respect. so, in a flash, i stood up to bow at her.

"i-i'm sorry, ms. yang!"

"i won't be even surprised anymore if this goes on," she ended and moved on with the class. i sat back down with a sigh. i guess i'm expecting a failing mark yet again after this term.

there were murmurs and soft laughs coming from all sides of the classroom. this wasn't really new to me. my classmates really loved teasing me a lot about me sleeping all the time in classes. as expected, a folded note flew to my desk. i didn't even need to guess, i instantly knew what was inside.

'need an alarm, narky?'

again with the nickname. i've been given a lot of them: doze-off, sleepybangs, drooley. and narky has been their silliest one yet. they just shortened the term 'narcoleptic' which was really uncalled for. but like i said, rich-ass school. no shits were given. insensitivity was never an issue as long as you pay for the school and you stay in it. ugh, i groaned every time i thought about it.

there was only one person who always makes every day in class bearable.

i looked over to my left, across the other side of the room, just one row in front of mine.

there she was with her long dark brown hair and her black-colored eyes accented with the illuminating shine of the sunlight. and that just made her light up my world even more. she's gorgeous, but too gorgeous to capture everybody's hearts.

ha sooyoung studied late, but wasn't entirely slow in academics. she's an elite here and has every right to. she's a braniac and a well-mannered student. since she's two years older than us, she always had that 'seniority' aura in the room and in the hallways. and she's nice to me, just basing off of how she doesn't really join in my classmates' teasing on me. i just sighed once again.

and still you never notice me. i may have been a laughing stock in class, but i would always be invisible to her.

i didn't even realize how long i was staring until i noticed that she was about to turn her head towards my direction. through instinct, i looked away and caught my breath. my heart was beating rapidly... as always. i was not ready to look at those mesmerizing eyes, afraid that i might not look away again. that's what made me very ironic.