dazed

<chuu>

something weird happened earlier. i was almost late in the first class so i had to run to the classroom. but then, surprisingly, sooyoung and i bumped into each other as we were both rushing in the doorway. luckily, we weren't met by a teacher when we entered. that could have gone a bit... more awkward.

i heard she said 'hi' that time. though, i couldn't really comprehend the situation on whether i should focus on my clumsiness or how gorgeous sooyoung looked today. so, i just nodded and smiled lightly at her just to not make things difficult for me.

going back to my seat, i could sense lia's keen look at the corner of my eye. as much as i wanted to ignore the scene earlier, this seatmate of mine just had to bring it up.

"what was that all about?" lia laughed, but not quite loudly enough to raise my embarrassment.

"i don't wanna talk about it," i tried dropping the topic just like that and faintly slammed my head on my desk.

i heard lia hummed beside me. "well, if you say so. just make sure you lift your head up. teacher's here, you don't wanna sleep in class again."

that was when i suddenly realized that she had a point. i had gotten so many warnings about dozing off on almost the whole period of every subject class, but i haven't really done much sleeping in most of them these days.

i guess, that's improvement. it took a lot of energy and bravery to stay up at least one whole day in the week.

but of course, thinking about sooyoung also took part of that.

i survived the first class. now, we're on the second one.

if i pulled it off the first time, for sure i could stay awake this time. plus, it's the subject that i really love. english!

for someone who takes a long time learning something new, english was definitely the only subject i could learn in a jiffy.

but in the past twenty minutes in class, something was off. it's probably obvious by now that i used some of my time stealing glances on sooyoung instead of napping.

she seemed a bit disinterested in class today. usually, she would have had her notebook out and her hair tucked behind her right ear while writing notes with her burgundy-designed pen. and she would have had looked up at the teacher every two minutes, then another minute looking outside the window and sighing before continuing to write. maybe a few moments of her tapping her lips with her pen when thinking.

fuck, that was a load of observations and it hasn't even been half the school year yet.

back to what i was talking about, sooyoung did not have her notebook out. i mean, it could happen to anyone. it's not as if it was not possible for her not to bring it out because for all i know, maybe she forgot it at home or she just didn't want to take notes or something.

that was not the case, though. i knew sooyoung loved this subject and she actually excelled in it. seeing her just blankly staring outside the window ever since the first class became really suspicious to me. i was rather concerned than curious.

"miss ha sooyoung!" our english teacher called to her, probably a bunch of times now. i didn't even realize that i wasn't really paying attention either. and... neither did she, apparently.

sooyoung turned to the teacher looking a bit confused. "huh? oh..." she slowly stood up.

the teacher was waiting for an answer, but the raven-haired girl was just utterly puzzled right now. with a hint of annoyance, our english teacher repeated his question while pointing at the rotated 's' written on the board, "what does this symbol mean in proofreading?"