-Chapter One-

~poke~

"Stop It!!!"

~poke~

"Jake, Stop it!!!"

~poke~

"STOP IT!!!" I yelled as I punched my 10-year-old brother in the arm. 

"Jacob, please stop annoying your sister" my mother sighed. It was dark outside and the sky was covered in rain clouds, although it hasn't rained yet. We have been driving for five hours straight with only two pit stops, currently heading home from my maternal grandparent's house.

In the car was my mother, my brother Jacob, and myself. Both Jacob and I are sitting in the back seat. My father and Kirsten, my older sister, who is 15 years old, were at home, as Kirsten just had her tonsils removed so she wasn't up to the weekend trip to visit the grandparents. My dad is a lawyer and had a case to work on and paper work to look through, so he is staying home to work and look after Kirsten.

~poke~

"Stop!!!"

~poke~

"Stop it"

~poke~

"STOP" I screamed and punched him again.

"JACOB, FOR GOD'S SAKE LEAVE YOUR SISTER ALONE" mom turned in her seat to face Jacob. "IF I HAVE TO TELL YOU ONE MORE TIME, I'LL PULL THIS CAR OVER AND YOU CAN WALK HOME!". As mom wasn't focussing ahead on the road, she never saw the car that had stalled in the middle of the road.

"MOM, LOOK OUT" I screamed, she slammed the breaks of the car, tires screaming, but it wasn't stopping fast enough, so she swerved to the right. the car then flipped causing a loud crashing sound of the glass breaking and metal bending as it rolled down a hill. It was like time had slowed down as I watched as my mother head collided with the steering wheel and then hit the roof. It was so loud, heard a high-pitched scream that belonged to Jacob. I turned slightly and wrapped my arms around him as the car continued to roll. then it all went black......

When I Came too, the rain must have started as it was pouring down it being the only noise, I could hear... Something warm was dripping up my face, I couldn't move my legs, I had a scorching pain in my entire arm. "Arrgghhhh" I screamed in pain. I opened my eyes, it was still dark outside, I realise I am upside down.

I turned my head slowly as there was a pain in my neck, "Jake," I say softly, no response, "Jake" I try again. still no response, tears start flowing up my face, "JACOB" I yell a little more desperately,

 "Maddison?" my mother's voice makes me turn to the driver's seat, "darling, are you ok?, is Jacob ok?" my mother asks, 

"I don't know, everything hurts, mom Jacob isn't answering me, he won't wake up, are you ok?"

....silence....

"MOM?". my voice says sounding hoarse. 

"Maddison, I need you to try and get out and go get help," her voice sounds so weak and tired, 

"mom I can't my legs are stuck, mommy I'm scared" I cry out. "I know sweetheart, I know, try to stay calm... I love you" ...... being upside down and breathing deeply must have taken its toll and caused a head rush as I blackout again.

...beep...beep...beep...

"Maddison, please wake up sweetheart, please." A deep gentle voice was softly saying. A felt pressure on my hand, realising someone had hold of it.