𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔑𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔖𝔥𝔢 ℭ𝔞𝔪𝔢

Start from the beginning

Erin remained stiff and still. She couldn't form words when Sabina's hands were still clutching hers, even as the woman was distracted by distant darkness. Her aunt was holding her so tightly that she felt her nails stabbing her skin. She had to refuse a wince as the grip increased.

"Sabina...," Anya said, hesitantly nearing them. "Please we do not wish for things to get ugly. Let go of Erin and wait for Nier to take you back to the---."

"---No! I cannot leave with him. He has poisoned me. He will make me sick."

"Sabina please this is not like you right now---."

"Oh, enough of this with her, Anya! That is enough, Sabina!" Daviyd stormed towards her and snatched her by her back.

A struggle ensued, as she fought back and kicked her feet.

Thud!

Bam!

They crashed into the walls and knocked over floor decorations.

Both Erin and her mother stood stunted unsure what to do as the two fought. Nor did they know what to do when Sabina elbowed Daviyd hard in the face, got to her feet, grabbed a floor vase, and slammed it into his chest.

Bam!

Daviyd groaned in pain as the hard ceramic collided into him. It didn't crash, but it certainly injured him. "S-Sabina!" he sputtered in moaning agony.

Finally, Anya moved into action. "By the King's mercy, Daviyd are you alright?!" She kneeled next to him. "Sabina, what have you done?"

She ignored them and went directly for Erin.

Erin couldn't help to flinch as Sabina grabbed her hands again.

"Erina, if I do not have time to say it all, you must know that if it all goes wrong again, you must know this." A sharp pain pierced Erin's skin as she forced a small pouch into her hands. "He knows who she is, and if I do not have enough time to tell you, he can."

"Sabina." Erina gathered the courage to whisper, her lips trembling. "You're hurting me."

Her grip was only increasing. "You deserve it. We all deserve it."

Erin gasped awake and shot upwards. Anxiously, her eyes danced around, only relaxing when she found herself back in a familiar setting and away from the memories of that night.

She was back in her room in her bed.

With a sigh of relief, she moved to lean against the bedpost but she felt a shooting pain going up her leg.

"Ouch," she winced with a recoil.

"It's sprained." There was a voice coming from the other side of the room.

She whipped her head around, to see Ezra sitting down in a chair across from her.

"Ezra?" She widened her eyes.

She was genuinely surprised to see him. "What...I don't understand why you are here," she muttered, a light headache throbbing in her head.

"Why?" He closed the book he had been reading. "Am I supposed to not be here?"

"No—that's---I just...." The words were difficult, especially when her mind was scrambled and her senses still spinning. "I just...?" She blinked, attempting to process the aching in her body by sitting up straight, but the slight movement simply caused more pain.