CHAPTER-23 (PARIS SPECIAL CHAPTERS)

Next morning Sidharth woke up with a jerk and looked around the room… He didn’t see Shehnaaz around and panicked… He called out her name, “Shehnaaz…. Shehnaaz….” Not getting a revert he moved towards the washroom and heard the sound of the shower.. He knocked on the door and said, “Shehnaaz…” She didn’t respond… He again knocked and said, “Shehnaaz are you there??” She again didn’t answer… Sidharth was about to knock again when he heard her sobs… He said, “Shehnaaz… Kya hua hai sweetheart?? Kuch bolegi… Why are you crying?? If you don’t open the door now then I’ll have to break it…” Neither she responded nor did she open the door so he said, “Okay then fine I’m coming inside…” The door opened just by a slight push as it wasn’t locked… The scenario and her condition shocked him… She was sitting under the shower with her head in her knees…. Her clothes were all drenched in water and she was crying… Sidharth ran towards her, turned off the shower, bent down on her level and made her look at him… She hugged him tight as soon as she saw him… Her tears were uncontrollable… Sidharth held her in his arms and took her to the room… He sat down on the bed with her in his lap… She didn’t break the hug and said while crying, “Sid...Sidharth maine raat bhar bohot socha and the conclusion that came everytime was that vo vapas aa gaya hai… He’s back to destroy my life all over again… Mujhe vapas uss zone mein nahi jana where there is darkness all around… Main already past ki vajah se bohot suffer kar chuki hun… Kitne months tak toh maine apne room se bahar kadam tak nahi rakha tha… No lights and only darkness… Har jagah sirf mujhe college ka vo din yaad aata tha...Maine akele apne fear se lada hai and when I was normal and resumed my studies toh tab dad ke restrictions… Har jagah guards and extra security…. Zyaada time toh main khud hi ghar pe rehti thi… Jab kahin jaati thi toh bas room se hall tak mein hi meri shaadi ki discussion hoti thi… Phir tum aaye and everything started falling into place but phirse vo aa gaya… No...No… No… I can’t go back to the dark again…” Sidharth rubbed her back and said, “Koi tumhe vahan nahi bhej raha hai Shehnaaz… Sab bilkul theek hai aur agar vo vapas aaya bhi hoga toh we’ll sort this out together and this time the solution will be permanent… I promise baba ke kuch nahi hoga… You are that bird which has learnt to fly without wings toh ab no looking back…” He gently broke the hug and kissed her forehead saying, “ Will you smile now??” He again held her in his arms, took her to the dressing table, dried her hair lovingly and said, “Aaj shaam ko tumhara official video launch hai and meri jaan has to look the best… So let’s go and get you an amazing outfit… Jaldi se freshen up and we’ll go shopping after breakfast…” She gave an unsure nod to which he said, “Don’t worry my tigress kuch nahi hoga…” She finally gave an assuring smile on the word tigress and went to freshen up…
She had multiple thoughts going on in her mind all throughout the shopping… They purchased a beautiful navy blue coloured net saree for her and the same coloured suit for Sidharth paired with a white shirt and bow… They were in the cab when Shehnaaz snuggled in to him thinking, “Sidharth ne mujhe sahi naam diya hai tigress… Ek tigress ko chahe hazaar chotein kyun na lag jayen she never gives up… She again gets up from the ashes to fight her battle and finally win it… Shehnaaz tu itne time se akele lad rahi thi tab toone himmat nahi haari toh ab jab Sidharth tere saath hai toh tu kyun himmat haregi… Sidharth is your strength and not weakness…”
Sidharth sensed her unusual silence and said, “Kya soch rahi hai jaan?? Sab sahi hoga… Don’t worry…” She smiled and said, “Hmm… Jab tak hum saath hain tab tak sab acha hi hoga…” He smiled and kissed her forehead…
It was evening and both of them were almost ready for the party… Sidharth wore his coat and started scrolling through his phone when he saw Shehnaaz struggling with the dori of her blouse… He went towards the dressing area and slowly tied the dori… He kissed her shoulder after the dori was done and said in a husky voice while resting his head there, “Looking absolutely stunning… Without makeup hi apne early morning natural look mein itni beautiful lagti ho toh ab toh you are ready to rock the party…” She turned in his embrace and said, “You are looking no less than me.. Party mein kis kis ko apni good looks se ghayal karne ka irada hai… Stay away from the girls…” He gave her a “someone’s jealous” vala look and said, “You too stay away from the boys then baby… Vaise agar koi ladkiyan mere paas aayi toh tum kya karogi…” She said while doing a final touch up, “Ummm… Agar koi ladke mere aas paas bhatke toh tum kya karoge…” He folded his hands against his chest and said, “Acha ji mera dialogue mujhi pe…” She laughed and said, “Toh phir aise dialogues maaro hi mat na..”
They reached the venue in about 15 minutes and entered gracefully hand in hand…. Sidharth and Shehnaaz posed for a few pictures together and then Shehnaaz’s solo photoshoot before the launch was done… Everything was going peacefully when the lights went off suddenly and someone whispered, “Aaj ki raat hai bohot khaas” in Shehnaaz’s ear and ran away… Shehnaaz shouted, “Sidharth jaldi aao please… Where are you??” Sidharth reached her in no time and wrapped his one hand protectively around her waist…. He said, “Relax...Baby main yahin hun… Just light gayi hai… All’s well…” She replied in a trembling voice, “Abhi koi mere paas se bol ke gaya ke aaj ki raat hai bohot khaas…. Kuch hoga toh nahi na Sidharth??... Ye sab usne toh nahi karaya na…” He said, “Kuch bhi nahi hoga baby… Relax… Ab main tere saath hi rahunga pura time… Don’t worry…” He assured her and then called the director and inquired about the light… He again turned to Shehnaaz and said, “Main electricity box mein kuch problem hai light aa jayegi 10 minutes mein… Dekha kuch nahi hai… Kisi ne bas andhere ka fayeda uthaya hai…”
Shehnaaz felt a bit comfortable when someone…………………
Who is behind all this?? Is someone really present in the party or is it Shehnaaz’s illusion?? Is she overthinking or is someone really present there threatening her?? Now, what happened?? Will Sidharth be able to catch the culprit?? How will the party go?? Stay tuned to know…..Do comment down your views….