CHAPTER-4

Sidharth entered the room and jumped on to the bed seriously thinking about something. He thought, “Kya mystery hai yaar ye ladki?? Dil se socho tab samajh aati hai varna agar dimaag se practically socho toh irritating hai bohot… Arrogant and extra rude… Iski aankhon mein bohot kuch nazar aata hai… Junoon hai usme kuch paane ka… Agar sabki nazar se usse dekhun toh sirf beauty aur grace dikhegi par agar apni nazar se dekhun toh beauty and grace mixed with a sassy attitude… She is born with ambitions… She has the fire to achieve it all but she is unable to… I feel that the reason for her resistance is her mind. Her thoughts somewhere stop her from achieving what she wants to. She is free but not free. She has the courage to be free of these clutches but she is not able to. I am surely going to help her leave this prison.”
Shehnaaz takes a shower for a slightly longer time today to completely cool down and relax herself. She comes out, jumps on to her bed and starts writing the diary. She writes, “Ladka bura nahi hai vo… Aaj tak jo bhi ladka mujhse mila dad ke through ya college mein usne meri beauty, surname ya bank balance ko dekha par isne mere inner self ko dekhne ki koshish ki and he successfully did see the inner me. Main kahin na kahin haar manne lagi thi ke ab kuch nahi ho sakta par aaj ke baad haarne ke baare mein sochungi bhi nahi… I thought ke ab bass par nahi I got hope. Hope ka naam shayad Sidharth hai… Firstly, I thought ke ye bhi normal ladko ke jaisa show off, fame aur success ke peeche bhaagne vala, timepass, flirt kisam ka ladka hoga but he is opposite. Sidharth alag hai… Uski udaan usse alag banati hai… Uska nature, uska calm and composed self, uska thehraav, uska har cheez mein balance bana lena, uska perspective, uska mujhe aage badhne mein madad karna usse sabse alag banata hai… Kehte hain pehli nazar mein kabhi bharosa nahi hota kisi par aur na aise bharosa karna chahiye but somewhere I kept on taking a step forward towards him and I want to hold on to him. He is trustworthy according to me. I must give him a chance to help me get out of this golden cage and grow in life. I have been existing and I must start living. Kisi ne kaha tha ke life ko apne principles pe jeena chahiye naki logon ko aapki life ko unke principles pe chalane ka right dedo… Sidharth hi kahin vo Mr. Perfect toh nahi?? Arey no no… What am I thinking?? Shehnaaz tu bhi na… Apne mind ko kis direction mein le gayi… Vo tera dost hai aur dosti ko kabhi bhi ye cheezen beech mein lake kharab nahi karna chahiye… Friendship is a beautiful bond and it shouldn’t be spoilt because of doubtful feelings which may not exist… Aur vaise bhi love is not my cup of tea… Ye sab chhodo… Main vaise bhi kal ke liye bohot excited hun kyunki kal se meri life ka ek naya chapter shuru hoga… A new phase which I would surely want to live completely… First time kuch aisa hone vala hai life mein jo meri choice ka hoga… Main chahungi ke vaisa kuch ho meri zindagi mein... Main bhi udna chahti hun… Jeena chahti hun ek ek pal ko…”
Both of them called it a night with new thoughts and hopes… This night is going to change everything in their life. Mere 24 hours can bring about a major change in your life. Life can either take a U-turn and go back to what it was earlier or it can take you to a new undiscovered road which has a lot to see, a lot to explore, a lot to learn and a lot to face in store for you. It’s your choice where to go. One day or day one; all depends on you. I must say that one should and one must go for ‘day one’ of things as the present is what leads to the future not the past. Past can only give you two things...One would be bitter experiences and haunting memories… Second would be lessons you learnt and how to incorporate them in present while making decisions. Choice is yours because every coin has two sides; positive and negative. Go for the positive and look for hope. Shehnaaz is not hurt because of her father or anyone for that matter; she has just been broken multiple times which makes her a bit hard to understand and be with. She wanted someone who sees her as herself and not as the daughter of a rich and influential family. She wanted someone to protect her and give her strength to be free of all bounds. She got a trustworthy and dependable friend and guide in Sidharth… Let’s see what has destiny in store for them. Let’s see how Shehnaaz learns to fly with the help of Sidharth. Let’s see how a new found bond strengthens with time.
The next morning Shehnaaz came down for breakfast and saw two very graceful ladies sitting beside Sidharth who seemed to be his mom and sister. She smiled and greeted everyone. Her father was a bit surprised as she never smiles and interacts in that way rather she gets irritated with the questions that are asked. She sat for breakfast beside Sidharth and Sidharth said pointing at the ladies sitting beside him, “Shehnaaz ye meri mom hain Mrs. Rita Shukla and that’s my younger sister Ananya…” Shehnaaz smiled and said, “Namaste Aunty… Hi Ananya… I am Shehnaaz Gill…” Shehnaaz and Rita aunty spoke for a while and then Ananya said, “Shehnaaz di… I hope I can call you di…” She smiled and replied, “Why not Anu?? I hope I can call you Anu…” Ananya excitedly said, “Arey ye bhi koi puchne ki baat hai… I am just like your younger sister… Aap kuch bhi bula sakte ho mujhe…” Shehnaaz raised her eyebrows and said, “Tumne apna jawab khud hi de diya… Jab tum meri choti behen jaisi ho toh mujhe di hi bulaogi na… Hak hai tumhara...Vaise you were asking something…” Ananya replied like a curious kid, “Maine yahan aane se pehle Lucknow ke bare mein itni stories suni hai… Mujhe bohot mann hai ye jagah ke baare mein aur janne ko…” Shehnaaz gave a peaceful smile and said, “Lucknow naam mein hi Nawabon ki shaan aur tehzeeb basti hai… Yahan ke logon ki tehzeeb hi unki pehchaan hai… Kabhi yahan Nawabon ka rule tha… Tabse leke aaj tak sirf teen cheezen same hai… Yahan ka accent, yahan ke aalishan palaces aur yahan ke pakwaan… Kabhi leke chalungi tumhe yahan ki local markets mein bhi… Raunak hi alag hoti hai udhar toh…” She finished her breakfast and said, “Chalo phir mujhe kuch kaam se bahar jaana hai… Milti hun tumse shaam ko chaaye pe…” She already had her small handbag and was about to leave when her dad said, “Phirse guards ke bina jaane ki koshish aap na karen toh easily ja payengi jahan bhi ja rahin hain…” She replied, “Dargah tak hi jana hai dad guards ki koi zaroorat nahi hai…” Her dad huffed and said, “Har baar ek hi zidd kyun karni hoti hai aapko….” She was about to reply when Sidharth interrupted and said, “Uncle agar problem na ho toh aaj main Shehnaaz ko accompany kar deta hun… Mujhe bhi thoda sa city explore karna hai...Guards nahi bhi jayen toh chalega…” Her dad agreed and said, “Khayal rakhiyega aap dono aur Shehnaaz aap Sidharth ke saath hi rahiyega…” She said, “Okay” and they left….
To be continued…