Extra Chapter 1- Been a While

"Shit, give me a damn break!" Hiromichi found himself moving from side to side as quickly as his legs would move. Each push from the ground was followed by a large fist crashing down where he had been standing right before. His gaze locked on the oversized monster that continuously pummeled down and chased after his footwork. "Whenever you're damn ready!" he yelled out into the air.

He was expecting her to be ready at this point, he couldn't keep this up for ever and he certainly was hoping that they didn't intend to back out at this stage of the fight. Through the corner of his vision, he saw a smaller figure, just slightly over half his size float down from the sky and point at the creature whose attention was on Hiromichi.

She pointed her staff at the inattentive monster and a small red crimson orb of flames sprung forth from the tip, exploding forth and crashing against its back.

The monster let out a terrifying screech, instantly turning around in its search for whatever had caused it harm.

"Gotcha!" Hiromichi sprung towards it with his arms extended. His body collided with the hard surface of this creature's skin, arms wrapped tightly around it and fingers dugged into the small crevices. He planted his feet firmly into the ground and heaved with all his might. His muscles exerted great force as the monster's leg began rising into the air. "Come on you son of a bitch... just... a... bit... more!"

With the last of his strength Hiromichi let out a yell and flung the creature's leg into the air. The monster, having lost balanced, rocked back for a few seconds in the air before finally collapsing onto the ground.

Another figure sprung from thin air, falling with much faster speeds than the first one from the air, it landed right on top of the monster and a clear distinct sound of metal hitting stone resonated. The monster let out one finally yelp, along with a last-ditch effort to get back on its feet before finally going limb.

Hiromichi sighed a small text appearing a few inches away from his face.

『EXP +1』

『Congratulations you are now Level 5』

"Tch..." Hiromichi groaned impatiently. He quickly removed the text from his vision and looked over at the two girls standing by idly. They both looked back at him with a content look in their faces.

Himari planted her staff right next to her, fingers tightly wrapped around the shaft of the pristine weapon. Thief on the other hand tossed and played around with her two daggers, casually tossing them into the air and catching them right before falling into the ground.

"Ku, think that went well." Thief gloated with a grin.

"It was well coordinated Hiromichi." Himari added sincerely.

"You guys let that thing swing at me a little too long, I was sure it would kill me if you hadn't stepped in soon enough."

He looked over at the body from the giant creature. It was a golem, a small one for its kind. They were not usually native to this region the Ducuria Kingdom, but they would occasionally wander over from the Dwarven State, past the small strip of the Draconian Empire and to the border between them. There was roughly a long stretch of mountains and perfect environment for these monsters to exist along the extension of land, so it wasn't absurd to see these earth golems every so often.

"Ku,ku, we wouldn't have let you die, we need the muscle don't you know!"

Hiromichi groaned and rolled his eyes. Things had drastically changed for the worst since that day.

He remembered it like it was yesterday, when he had been randomly teleported by that unknown old man back to Alzel. Thief and Hiromichi were lost and confused about what happened, and then suddenly there was that announcement. It was a long-written list, almost novel size, filled with long explanations and list of changes that the world would have. Everyone received that notification at that point in time, and just like that, the world completely toppled over.