Chapter 21- Edona Moves In

"YOU LOST THEM?!"

A thunderous voice rang through the skies of Celestia. Eores, the God of Ordinance stared down angrily at the small fragile girl who trembled in his presence.

"I-I-I-"

" Iatra specifically placed you to guard over that renegade God and his followers?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST THEM?!"

The fragile girl tightly gripped onto the papers she held to her chest as she desperatly looked up at the tall figure in front of him. She looked to be on the verge of tears until Asobi interrupted.

"Hey hey big fellow! Cool it with the drill sergeant gettup. We just have to find where they are. In a small place like Tyr how hard could that be,eh?"

Eores scoffed at the young God who made light of the situation.

"You understand what this could mean right?! That foul, God of Calamity, could have him in his grasp. That's another God he would have forced into his ranks! How many are we going to let him take before we retaliate?!"

"Whoa! That's a leap and a half there big daddy! How about we investigate what happened first then we can see where we stand, okay? Now Edona, where and when was the last time you saw him?"

Asobi pulled out a small notebook as though he was an investigator and carefully stared at her for a response. His demeanor was still of someone who was playing around but at least he had calmed the situation down a bit.

"H-he was ummm in the fallen human kingdom,Ostiz, u-uhm. They disappeared three days ago I-"

"FIVE DAYS AGO?!" barked Eores moving towards the fragile girl in a threating pose.

"Eeek!" Edona squealed in return as she shrunk down behind Asobi.

"Shush shush, three days ago, Kami and all his team members, correct?"

"E-except the girl they call, Himari. She's still in the Ducuria Kingdom. Ev-everyone else though is off the radar. I- I can't locate them anywhere in Tyr..."

"SEE!? It was that accursed Yot-"

"Did you check for any signs of increased Divine energy in the Abyss?" Asobi continued his questioning without taking Eores in mind.

"Y-yes, but there was no signs of his presence there. I-it's more likely that he vanished altogether."

Asobi squinted his eyes putting his 'thinking face' on. This was strange indeed.

Had Kami been taken by the Abyss, Celestia would have received information on a higher power level reading from there. The possibility of the God of Calamity having something to do with this was high but it would seem that he wasn't where they think he was. A thought appeared into his head as he raised his finger with a solution.

"You said it was the Ostiz Kingdom,correct?"

Edona nodded her head in fear while she gazed at the large God behind Asobi who looked ready to attack her.

"The Gateways, of course!"

"Nonsense!" growled Eores. "The gateways have been broken forever, fixing them would be impossible for mortals no matter how much power they gather."

"Exactly! It wasn't the mortals, it was more than likely some off Yotsu's little helpers! I can imagine how much power it would take to fuel those, ha ha! Bet they even used a large amount of Divine power."

"Why are you laughing? If what you say is true then they could be anywhere at any time!"

The Gateways he referred to where powerful magic glyphs that had been established across Tyr. They were essentially incredibly powerful teleportation devices. Not only would they teleport you to a different place entirely, but it was possible to completely teleport you to a different time. It was made by the Ancient Gods that existed before any of them ever did. The true purpose of the device was lost with time as well as how to properly use it. If the God of Calamity did have something to do with this, it would be impossible to tell when and where Kami would appear. Asobi very much doubted Yotsune figured out how to use the device correctly either so it was more than likely a way to keep Kami out of Tyr for a while. It was probably activated with very little idea of how to use. How much time would he be gone, that was the question.