Chapter 42- Choose

Sayu heard a voice calling out to her. It was a familiar one, one that was somewhat annoying but at the same time one she had grown to call a friend. Her eyes slowly opened to the light hitting her face. She was still laying down on the ground, trapped by the skill Marie had casted on her. There was a low pitching sound resonating on her ears that was slightly irritating. The world was blurry at first but it slowly became clearer.

"Hey, Sayu, hey! Shit are you okay?! Fuck, fuck! I swear I'm going to kill you!"

The voice belonged to Hiromichi. It sounded so far off and yet close at the same time. Her face moved over to where he stood, restrained by the shadowy figures that tied him down.

"Sayu, hey look at me! I-I'll find a way out of this just hang on!"

A second figure moved infront blocking her line of sight. It crouched, slowly moving its face closer to hers. It took her a bit to realize whose face it was. It was Shi, who looked at her curiously as though waiting for a reaction.

"How are we feeling then?"

In truth, she felt awfully weak. There was very little energy keeping her awake and much less so from allowing her to struggle. She felt somewhat dizzy, and a bit fazed, but outside of that, nothing much was different. The pain that had succumbed her was no longer coursing through her body. She felt nearly the same, as if nothing had occurred.

"Get...away...from me..." she grunted.

Shi's reply was only to chuckle and stand back on his feet.

She could feel the energy that was wrapped around her dissipate. Even so, she barely had the strength to move from where she laid down.

"Do you need help perhaps?" Shi asked.

"No... leave me... alone..."

She dragged her hands infront of her as she pushed down on the ground with all her force. With all the struggle she was trying to put, Sayu barely managed to lift herself up and sit on the ground. Her body was incredibly heavy due to her weakened state and her head was fuzzy.

"Tell me then Sayu, what are your feeling right now?"

"I'm...feeling as though... once I recover... I'll beat you down..."

"Hostile, scary. Truly though, how do you feel?"

She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. Everything was fine as far as she could tell. Even though she wanted nothing more than to stand up and hit Shi, there was very little she could do.

"Now then, should we do the same process to Kami's little friend over there then?" Shi asked glancing over at Marie and the Reaper.

Marie seemed somewhat perplexed but nodded her head and spoke softly.

"It's unfun to watch them scream but they'll come around to our side won't they?"

"Heh, why do we need him anyway?" the Reaper questioned.

Sayu felt a sudden urge of anger as she raised her voice at Shi.

"Leave him alone... he's not part of this..."

"Oh? Little Sayu always was a bit of a tender heart towards mortals. She always puts a higher than mightier face in front of them but is actually a softy when it comes to saving them, touching. Very well, consider that my gift to you for making you suffer so much."

Shi offered his hand to her in which she simply stared at for a few moments. The very same hand that had been used to mess with her will was now a hand that offered its support. She frowned at the idea but still took it.