Chapter Six

"..Mom...? ....Dad....?"

A faint small young voice called out. It was all black.

"...Mom? ...Dad?"

It sounded like a little boy as the sound became more clear to hear. "..Mom! ..Dad!" The little boy yelled, sounding more panicked. "Mom!! Dad!!!"
"Where are you!!!"

Kai shifted awake from the strange dream. His mind tired and vision blurry. He shifted his arms but couldn't move them. They were both chained to a wall by vengestone.
The fire ninja grunted as he glanced around, finding himself in what appeared to be a old and cold place.

The stone and wooden walls weak and broken with strange markings and symbols. He winced from a jolt of pain that came from his arm. He looked at his arms seeing them bandaged. He also noticed his clothes where ripped. His sleeves torn from the bottom where it showed the bandages. There was not much damage at his pants as there was only a few small torn rips. The bandages on his legs nearly reached up to his knees, covering the damage. His suit was pretty wrecked. Small holes and cuts around at the black and red fabric.

A flash of memory came back to him as he remembered when he received them. It was when he fell from the ship and into the forest. He growled at the thought of what happened. The thought of Morro and what he made him do.
He turned as he saw his possesser enter the room.

Morro walked in the room with a slight smirk. "How are feeling? Not too bad I hope."

Kai looked at him before tugging at the chains and attempting to use his powers at him but nothing happened.

Morro scoffed. "Not too bad from your reaction. I hate to fight a useless and pathetic weakling." He commented, receiving a more pissed off Kai.
"We'll see who's weak when these chains break and my fire burns you so bad it'll leave nasty markings at your dead body!" Kai hissed tugging at his chains more.

Morro looked down at the fire ninja with unamused look before smirking. "Good, you can show me that you mean it." He said with a cruel grin and snapped his fingers.

Kai looked at him with a confused expression before he felt his chains break half way and fell to the ground. Kai got up and quickly acted, putting up his hand at Morro to send flames to only have nothing happen.
Morro smirked. "Forgetting something?" He asked.

Kai noticed that the cuffs around his wrists were still there, blocking his elemental power. He growled and quickly threw a punch at him.

Morro quickly grabbed his wrist and tossed his at the wall behind him.
He quickly acted using his arms to prevent his body from fall against the wall. He glared at Morro. He noticed the door was right by him. As much as he wanted to make Morro pay. He needed to get out of here and get to the others.

Morro looked at him with smirk waiting for his next strike. What he didn't expect was Kai to run out the door. "Coward!" He growled as he went after him.

Kai huffed as he ran. His whole body felt tired and sore. But he needed to find a way out. He looked around trying to find a exit. He was stopped as there stood the soul archer across the hall.

The ghost quickly pulled out his bow and prepared to shoot a arrow at the ninja. "Going somewhere?" He asked.

Kai looked around quickly before seeing a window in the room to his left. He quickly ran towards it and broke through the old broken glass and skidded against the roof of the floor of the building before falling down and breaking his fall with a roll. He glanced up at the old building before running away from it. His arms starting to sting from breaking his fall. He searched around trying to figure out where he was.