Chapter Thirteen

After coming up with a plan, the ninja made it clear to each other to find and get the book before Morro does. Meaning if they are forced to fight, try to have two of them to go after it while they other's distract Morro and his friends.

Lloyd, Cole, Zane, Nya, and Ronin rode onto R.E.X. They waited while placing their special masks as they got closer. All except for Zane.

Cole looked at the others as they placed their masks on before looking down at his own. The designs looked similar to a gas mask but much less messy looking and more armor like style. They used to where these masks whenever in heavy battles with the Venomari back in the day. "Uh... is there any chance that the fog can affect ghosts?" He asked Ronin as he seemed to know more about it. He would just like it more if he had one less thing to worry about.

Ronin shrugged as he guided R.E.X above the trees. "Possibly, who knows. It could mess up your form if it gets in your head." He said, hiding a small smirk as he saw Cole shiver and place on his mask. The man didn't know himself, but what's wrong with scaring someone? Especially when they were a ghosts themselves, not to mention a ninja as well. "Alright guys! This is it!" He yelled over his shoulder for the four to hear.

The ninja peeked out, looking out at they saw droopy and big trees with vines, broken pillars, stone, and most of all, the strange dark purple and violet fog.

Ronin came to slow stop as he looked back at the others while getting off his seat and pass them. "Alright, make sure you masks are on tight, let's get moving and get that book." He said and hopped off.

Lloyd looked to the others before the hopped off and he followed behind them. He looked back as he watched R.E.X go off into the air and turned back to look its controller, Ronin. He hoped he knew what he was doing and began walking.

With having a small amount of time. The ninja ran in a decent pace together as they traveled down the path. The fog was thick, making it difficult to see the distance. It was hard to see whatever was ten-twelve feet away from them. Then they came to a store when they reached it. A broken large and abandoned temple. Statues and symbols of the serpentine.

Zane looked at the place ad he spoke. "This must be it. The Hidden Ruins of Fears." He said as he looked around at its broken condition.

Nya nodded. "Yep, snakes, definitely the place where Chen would've had any of his treasure hidden in." She said, folding her arms.

Lloyd looked up to it as he took a few steps forward. "So the book is somewhere in there. But where?" He asked, turning to Ronin before shifting when he heard another voice...

"A very good question, Lloyd..."

The ninja immediately turned around, pulling out their deepstone weapons as they looked up at the possessed red ninja that stood on of the broken pillars afar from them.

Morro stood tall as he looked down at them. Before jumping down as his ghostly friends appeared from the fog behind him. Rising up from his knees he looked at them. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" He asked with a small snicker.

Lloyd looked to the others and spoke. "Alright guys, remember the plan." He said and they nodded.

Cole was the first to act as he stepped forward and swung his scythe, swiftly against the ground, causing stone and dust to go forward, blinding Morro and his friends for a quick sec until Morro blew it away.

Morro snarled and drew out his two cursed Katanas and ran towards Lloyd.

Nya immediately stepped in, pulling out her daggers and blocked the possessed ninja's attack. The two pushed back at each other, using their weapons and slid back from each other by a couple feet. Nya glared at Morro as she spun her daggers before holding them into place as she shifted back into fighting position. Morro was hers to fight.

Zane kicked in, summoning iced spikes from the ground and towards out Morro and his ghosts.

Morro quickly acted, summing the emerald green flames and melting the ice from touching him. "Is that you got?" He asked, rising up his arms and throwing them back down, causing fire to shoot out to melt the rest of the ice.

Zane looked at Morro and tilted his head. "No, actually." He said and watched as the water from the melted ice began to rise from the ground.

Morro quickly shifted as he stepped back and looked up to Nya as she raised up the water before shooting it out towards them. "Look out!" He cried out to his fellow friends as he moved behind a pillar, avoiding the water. He watched as some of his not so bright ghostly allies get puffed away as they were strucked. He couldn't help but growl and wince as Kai's wound had started to slow him down. "Cursid lightning..." He quietly hissed and heard Kai tease him. 'Having some trouble?' Morro shook his head and muttered a small "Shut it.." Before going back out and into the air before clashing back down, summoning a force of wind around him to push away the nearby ninja. He stood back up and looked around and noticed that Lloyd and Ronin were gone. He growled before yelling. "Archer! Bansha!" He yelled out until Nya came running towards him and strike down one of her daggers at him. He immediately deflected the attack with his katana and swung again as the two fought.

Ronin and Lloyd had gotten a good distance from the fight as they ran in search for where the book could be.

Lloyd huffed as he followed behind the retired theif as he kept looking for any sign to where it could be. "What are we supposed to be looking for?" He asked.

Ronin kept running as he spoke. "My guess is the spot that has the most traps." He said before immediately stopping them, putting up his arms on time for darts to come flying pass them. If Lloyd had taken another step he probably would've gotten hit by a few. The two huffed before continuing to run.

"So we find the book and then what?" Lloyd asked before shifting when a cursed arrow flew over his shoulder and onto the ground.

The two looked back at soul archer who stood on the broken walls with his bow as Bansha came over, drawing out her weapon from her back.

Ronin looked at soul archer and a muttered. "Son of a cabbage farmer..." He said before going off running as soon as the archer prepared another arrow. "Move, move, move, move!" He said as they ran around a corner and down.

Lloyd watched as the two ran as they tried avoiding stepping on any triggers to setting off traps. Then an idea clicked. Waiting for the next pressure plates and purposely stepping down on them.

"Kid! What are you doing?!" Ronin spoke as if the boy was insane.

Just above where they used to be snakes, came flying down and onto the two ghosts. Causing the two to hiss and snarl. The two grabbed onto the serpents the best they could and tried getting them off.

Ronin looked back and just laughed. "Good thinking-" The two stopped as the floor below them collapsed.

The two yelped until they landed with a thud.