Chapter Fourteen

Lloyd groaned as he slowly sat up and looked around. He saw snake statues all over the walls. He huffed as he looked around before looking up. It seems they didn't have that far of a fall, thankfully. But that didn't mean they needed to stop moving.

Ronin had gotten up and looked at the boy. "Did your mask slip off?" He asked. He didn't sound concerned, more of a if he answered 'yes' then he would be annoyed. He didn't want to deal with a teenager seeing hallucinations. They were on a time schedule.

Lloyd looked at him and adjusted his mask and shook his head. His mask didn't slip, it was just crooked, but still covering the bottom half of his face. "No, I'm fine." He said as he got up.

Ronin patted his back. "Alright, let's get moving then. He said, Ignoring the annoyed look Lloyd was giving him. He walked towards one of the paths and examined it before looking at the other. "Hurry up, those ghosts will be on our tail soon." He said, looking back through the entrance.

Lloyd huffed before walking over and looked towards the tunnel. "How do you know this is it?" He asked after having to look at the other paths.

Ronin pointed at the stone ground ahead of the path. "Just right there. See how it's more damaged compared to the others? It means that people walked here more down this path, meaning this is the path Chen chose. Plus, I've been here before, just couldn't recognise it at first because of all the fog. "Let's keep moving." He said as he pulled out a torch from the wall and began walking down in a quick paste with the green ninja behind him.

It wasn't that long of a walk as they ran down until they reached the opening, leading them to a large open room with walls and staircases to all sorts of doors. Engraved in the walls were art and symbols. But the symbol that stood out the most was one of a large serpent.

Ronin pointed towards the direction of the serpent's eye. "There." He said as he started walking over to it.

Lloyd frowned as there was no door to where he pointed. "There's no door though," He said, walking over.

Ronin nodded. "I know, But see where the serpent's eye is empty? Try using your sword and see if it can fit through." He said, taking a few steps back for Lloyd.

Lloyd looked at the thief before pulling out his katana and moved its tip up and cautiously slid the blade in until there was a click.

Ronin looked at him and nodded. "Good, now just turn it to the left." He instructed.

Lloyd looked back to the wall and turned his blade to the one side and then there was another click.

Ronin paused. "Wait-, was it to the right that he did it?" He asked himself as he placed up his hand to try and recall if he was wrong.

Lloyd immediately turned at this. "Wait- what?" He asked. But it was already too late as more fog poured into the room, making it difficult to see. Lloyd immediately acted and turned it the opposite side where there was a louder click and a secret door began to open. Lloyd immediately ran in with Ronin behind. It was so hard to see now as the two just kept running. There were turns as they were forced to move down the path.

Eventually, the path cleared and Lloyd took in some heavy breaths as he tried to catch his own. "Ok, what now Ro-." Lloyd stopped as he looked behind him to see no thief. He shifted as he looked around and it clicked, They had run into a maze.