Chapter Five

From within the woods Morro had crashed down as his elemental dragon faded from the weak state he was in. Morro grunted and moved whatever broken tree branches that were on him. He growled as he moved them from side of him. He looked up at the sky from where he fell. He noticed he had gain scrapes and bruises from the fall and growled.

The ghosts appeared in his view as they had followed after him when he fell.
"Morro, rain will be coming. We-." The soul archer spoke but was stoped when Morro shot a blast of fire at him giving him the warning that he didn't care at the moment.

"Shut it." Morro hissed as he wasn't in the mood. He looked back at the sky with absolute hatred an insane smile forming on his face. He chuckled and shook his head. "Don't worry Lloyd, your brother will be coming back for you." He said with a small laugh. He grunted as he felt Kai fighting back, trying to regain control of his body again.
"Still fighting..?" He chuckled and shook his head standing up straight. "Get used to it. Because you and I are going to have so much fun together." He said with a insane grin. He turned and faced his friends. "Gather everyone!" He ordered looking around. "We have work to do."
_

_____________________________

Back at the destiny bounty. Lloyd sat at his bed with his mom treating the wounds he received from the fight.
Lloyd felt pretty embarrassed as his mom was treating him. "Mom I can handle myself." He told her as he moved away.

Misako shook her head. "Can you?" She asked and moved closer to her son and continued treating his wounds with the wet cloth. "You skipped so much of your childhood to be an adult. You rely on yourself too much."

Lloyd huffed. "Like you were there for me." He said looking away.

Misako looked at her son as she stopped and sighed.

Lloyd looked back at her as he felt bad for what he said. They've already had this discussion a few years ago. "I'm sorry mom I didn't mean to-."

"It's alright. I noticed the struggles you've had. Your still me boy. Even without your father, it's been harder on you then me. But remember," She said placing her hand on his. "He's always with us, and you must always remember that." She told him.

Lloyd looked at his mom with a small smile as those words relieved the pain he was in but winced from when his mom touched a sensitive wound.
"So you oh me for never giving your teen age discipline." She told him.

Lloyd scoffed. "Like Wu and the others never taught me that when I was still a kid."

"And when you still liked candy." Cole replied leaning against the door and looking at the two with a small smile. "Sorry for interrupting your mother and son moment. I just thought of checking on everyone." He replied.
"We're good. How's Jay?" Lloyd asked giving him a small worried look.
"He's resting. His back should be healed in a few days thanks to Wu's tea." He replied.

Lloyd responded with a look of disgust. "I hope I don't have to drink his medicine tea."

His mom gave him a look before looking at back at Cole. "It's good to hear that he's going to be okay."

Cole nodded. "Yeah, it started raining so I'm stuck inside until clear skies." He responded.

Misako nodded. "Your welcome to stay with us if you want." She told him as she was done treating Lloyd's wounds and was cleaning up.

"Sure, Zane is busy with fixing while Nya is watching Jay." He said closing the door and walking to a chair in the corner of the room and pulled it over and sat down on it from the other way. He placed his arms around the top rial making himself comfortable. "So has everything been okay?" He asked Lloyd.
"I guess, it could've been worse." He responded. "How about you?" Lloyd asked, meaning the fact that he was now a ghost.

"Oh! This?" He said looking at his hand. "It's... difficult. Wu is still helping me trying to figure this whole ghost thing."
"So are you dead now?" Lloyd asked.

"No," his mother shook her head having the two boys look at her at what she meant. "Not dead, cursed. There's a difference to a ghost who died and a ghost that was cursed." She responded. "I've done research while you all been busy. So I did what what I do best." She told them. "You see, yang never died. He was cursed just like you." She said looking at Cole. "And when there's a curse it can always be lifted." She replied.

Cole looked at her with wide eyes. "Wait, you mean I can be human again?" He asked with a bit of happiness.

"Is it really possible?" Lloyd asked looking at his mom.

"I'm not sure yet, but I'm believe it's possible. While the cursed can be human again. The dead can sadly cannot." She replied. "Interacting with the dead can be dangerous. It can bring bad things." She told them. "I'm still doing research about the cursed realm and ghosts so that is all that I know." She said before standing up. "I'm going to go fetch some tea and food." She said walked out of the room.

"Oh yeah, I nearly forgot about that." Cole replied as he didn't remember the last time he's ate. Guess it's a habit for a ghost as it's not really necessary.

Lloyd nodded and looked down. The thought of his dad reminded him of Kai and his promise to always look out for him. He really was still a kid in a older self.

Cole looked at him and tilted his head. "are you worried about Kai?" He asked.
Lloyd looked up at him. "Y-Yeah, this is just all my fault." He replied.

"Says who? You aren't the one who's causing this mess. It's all Morro. Doesn't mean he possessed your body doesn't mean it was you who did it. That's all Morro not you." He told him.
Lloyd looked at Cole before nodding. "Yeah."

"We all wished we were the green ninja. But here we are. We're all happy to have you as the green ninja and having your back." Cole replied. "We all make sacrifices for each other.." he said looking down at himself.

"And we can heal from the cost." Lloyd replies.

Cole looked up at him and smiled. "Yeah, thank goodness I'm not whining like Morro."

Lloyd laughed. "..Yeah, you have no idea what's it like to be forced around him."

"You were whining as a kid too." Cole pointed at him with a small teasing smile. "When you went to the village and went all, I am Lloyd Garmadon! Muhahahah!" He mocked.

"I sounded nothing like that!" Lloyd argued a bit embarrassed. He regretted the way he acted when he was a kid. It was stupid and embarrassing. "At least I didn't get hypnotized and act all weird." Lloyd replied waving his arms around in a zombie like way.

Cole rolled his eyes. "Okay okay, at least-" He was about to say something when Lloyd's mom came in the room with a plate of food and tea. "Sounds like you two are having a nice chat." She said setting down the food and tea on a desk near the bed.

Cole was the first to dig in. Eating food as a ghost was really strange but it was still good.

Lloyd grabbed the cup of tea as well as his mom. The three talked as the night went by and eventually decided to call it a night and rest, waiting for the sun to rise to go find Morro and his friends.