Chapter Twenty-Nine

Rushing, Misako, Lloyd, and Nya followed Cole and Jay as they brought them to the path and into the very place they had discovered.

"Here it is." Jay said as he as the five of them stood in front of the gate.
It has remained untouched and still just as the two had left it.

Misako stared at it before holding up the sketch from the file she had brought with her. "This is it..." She said,

"Yeah but what is it?" Nya asked.

Misako frowned. "I don't know. But perhaps now I can take a closer look." She said as she stepped closer. Walking over to it, she noticed the recently removed vines and its carvings.

Cole stepped forward before speaking. "Yeah, I tried removing some stuff and I thought I saw something but thought I would leave the investigating to you."

Misako nodded. "it was probably best that way. She said as she looked at the markings and symbols. "They're the same as what's been left in the book." She said before beginning to look around. She scanned the wall as she began slowly removing the vines.

Cole looked at the researcher  before helping her out along with the others as they removed the vines and plants out of the way.

"Careful, I don't know how fragile these carvings can be." Misako warned, watching the ninja now more cautious with their pulls and removal of the vines and plant life that covered the wall.

It took just a bit of time before the markings were finally revealed. With symbols shown from left to right of the wall and something written on the ground.

Crouching down, the woman looked at the carved language.

"What's it say?" Lloyd asked.

Misako hummed, "Let me see..." as she read the words.
'....With this curse, so long as darkness and hunger for destruction lay in their minds. They will remain as stone as will their power. Here they stay still, where they will no longer harm another living thing again.'

"They're... cursed." Misako said staring symbols.

Cole looked at the words before looking to Misako. "And probably forever, right?"

"That's what the curse says." She replied.

"But from what we've seen. Morro is manipulating this curse. Using it to serve as bodies for ghosts to possess and be summoned." Nya said.

Lloyd was listening to their conversation before he heard a voice.... It was low and he couldn't put together what it was saying. '....€¥€€£££.......' It spoke again. He turned his head as he looked at the gate and heard it again. Their air growing heavy and his surroundings growing dark. He could hear his own breath and his heart beat slowly quickening. "....€¥€€€.... £€€€€...... ¥¥U...." He stared, eyes wide as he felt something almost overcoming and his body tensing up almost like his experience in the museum.

A small voice was speaking beside him before he felt someone's hand on his shoulder and immediately snapped. Flinching, he looked to Nya who was looking at him with concern.

"Lloyd? Are you okay?" He asked.

Lloyd looked around, seeing that it wasn't real but the words he heard. "I see you...." He spoke quietly as if trying to process what he heard.

Nya frowned. "What? What are-"

Lloyd looked to the gate. "I heard something." He said before pointing at the gate.

Cole looked at him and frowned. "What did you hear?" He asked as he nor did the others hear anything.

"Behind this gate.... I see you..." Lloyd repeatedly said and he couldn't help but get a cold feeling that the oni statues were staring at him.

"Lloyd?" His mother asked before he snapped and shook
his head.

"We need to see what's behind this door." Lloyd said. "But first, we need to set up the trap."

Few minutes later the ninja had begun bringing tools from placing ice in the lake waters to aid in preparing trap doors traps as large leaves were used to cover over puddles or any deep holes of water. The catapults they had brought were pulled and placed hidden over in bushes and by trees or rocks. Now loaded with water balloons with the help of Nya and the others.

Lloyd was clapping his hands together as the others met up back at the gate. "There, with Zane's ice, it should be enough to create enough mist, thick enough for the ghosts to be unable to see." Lloyd said

Cole grew nervous. "Uh... that makes things a lot more concerning on my part." He said.

Misako shook her head. "Don't worry Cole, we have another place for you and Jay to be." She said,

Lloyd nodded. "Mhm, you'll be up in front and be our first defense to fend off Morro's forces, meanwhile Zane, Nya, and Ronin will be out here and me and Skylor will focus on the gates." He said.

Cole sighed. "Oh that's good." He said.

Zane was on the call with Ronin when he got confirmation that he had arrived. "Ronin's here, now to place the last touches to our plan in place." He said.

Cole smiled. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's go check out what he brought from ford!" He said and all ninja followed along.

Back at their camp, Skylor and Wu were watching as Ronin had placed down the two vehicles that were to help the ninja, before landing R.E.X.

Climbing out he went over to the two. "Alright, that should be it."

Skylor smiled, "That's good, we'll now just need to wait for the others and then bring them back over to where they need them."

Ronin nodded. "Fine by me." He said before watching as the rest of the others were coming over. "There they are-" He was caught off as a hauntingly familiar pain overcame him. The cold chin that crawled under and over his skin, the sudden fear that wrapped around his mind that screamed danger, his cursed soul- He. And a voice spoke...

'Ronin...'

Ronin coughed as he fell to his knees and Skylor rushed to him.

"Ronin?! What's wrong?!" She immediately asked as the others ran over, seeing that something was wrong.

"Soul archer.... He knows I'm here." Ronin said.
And the ninja froze.