Chapter 16 - Fate.

Roc was deliriously furious. He was so mad that his vision was blurring in and out. He reloaded his gun, put his in on the side of his waist, and grabbed Kylie. He knew that Chad had his evil ways, but he never thought that he would cross him like the way he did. Christa, Kylie, and Neveah were his jewels.

He didn’t care what Darius was doing with the police. He wanted Chad dead. Now.

As the night wore on, Darius had told the police everything. It took so long, that it took him 3 hours to explain every situation they had been through. Darius’s conscience was eating him alive, and he couldn’t take it anymore. The amount of drugs that he dealt, the kidnapping of the baby, the beating of Neveah, etc. One thing he didn’t mention however was the shooting of the two robbers. He couldn’t do that, because he knew that he would be implicated in it. To make sure that he wasn’t lying, police had given him a lie detector test to clear him out, and checked his phone records.

He passed it with flying colors. The detective walked out of the room, and showed them the full video of Darius confessing while he waited in the room. The all were shocked, but shock turned into preparation as they all got ready to arrest Chad. Darius had given him the direction to his house.

For once, he felt good about something in his life that didn’t involve selling drugs. He sent Roc a text message:

“It’s all over Roc. It’s finally over.”

But Roc, wasn’t checking his phone.

He made the long drive to Chad’s house with his baby. But when he got at the house, Chad wasn’t there. Roc had a plan B, though. He grabbed the car seat which had Kylie inside, and set it next to him on the porch as he picked the locks to the door with a wire hanger. It took him roughly 3 minutes, but he got the door open. He walked inside, and it was pitch black. Kylie was awake, and was hungry. He knew that if he didn’t want Chad to know that he was there, he would have to find a way to silence her.

He made some infant milk, and popped it into Chad’s dusty microwave. When it was done, he fed it to her, set her back into her car seat, and rocked her back and forth until she drifted into a deep sleep. He smiled, and then sat crouched behind the couch that was right by his door. The minute he walked through the door, he planned to shoot him in his knees, and finish him off after he told him why he was murdering him.

20 minutes later, he heard the door knob turning. Roc clicked back his gun, crouched on the ground, and prepared to shoot him in his knees. He closed his eyes so that he wouldn’t have to look at the gory blood. Chad opened the door.

“*Pop Pop!*” The sound of the gun made as he heard a thump.

“Neveah!!” Chad yelled as he dropped everything, and kneeled down to her.

“Shit!” Roc shouted as his jaw dropped, and opened his eyes.

Roc stared at what he did pure shock. “What have I done?” He thought. He’d shot one of his most unintended targets. Neveah. 3 year old Neveah. He jumped up, and rushed over to her aid. She had two bullet holes in her stomach, and blood was gushing out each time she attempted to breathe. Her arms and her legs were sprawled out on the floor.

“You bastard!” Chad yelled as he lunged at Roc. Roc pointed his gun at Chad, and he froze in the process.

“I didn’t mean to shoot her! Don’t act up or I’ll pop one right in your forhead!” Roc hollered as his hand shook from the act that he just did. He kneeled down at Neveah, and she was stiff on the ground. Her eyes were half open, and she was struggling as she tried to move. He took off his jacket, and put it on her stomach to stop the bleeding.