Chapter 15 - Guilty Conscience.

Roc drove home with the baby and Christa. After four long months, they finally got their baby back. But this moment was crashed with grief, when they stepped into their home. They walked into the house, and seen Neveah’s toys laying around. But what they both realized, is that they did what was best for their child.

Roc walked into the kitchen to make their baby a bottle, when he seen an empty ravioli can in the kitchen with Neveah’s dora spoon. He put the baby’s bottle on the stove, walked into the living room, and seen Christa staring at her daughter on the couch. She smiled at her, as Kaylie made a small squeal.

“She’s so tiny.” Christa smiled. Roc sat in the chair next to her, and buried his face into his hands. Suddenly, his mother called.

“Hello?”

“Can we see the baby?” His mother cheered. “Everyone want’s to see her!”

“Mom, today isn’t a good day.” Roc moped. “I’ll let you know when.”

“Chresanto, it seems like everytime me and your family tries to spend some time with you, it’s never a right time.” His mother sighed. “What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“Honestly, I have a lot of shit on my plate right now that I can chew.” Roc moped. “I just need some time to think out some things. Some time to plan out my thoughts.”

“Do you want momma to come over there and give you a massage?” She asked.

“No mom.” Roc laughed as he paused. “I’ll call you back later, alright? I promise i’ll allow you to see her.”

“Alright baby. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Roc hung up the phone, grabbed the bottle from out of the kitchen, took the baby out of Christa’s arms, and fed her. The baby made small gulping noises, indicating that she was hungry. She opened her eyes and looked at around while she ate. She wiggled her arm back into her blanket, then held onto the bottle that she was eating.

“Kylie..” Roc smiled as she looked at him. She didn’t understand what he was saying, but she looked at him because she heard a noise.

“Roc…” Christa said lowly.

“Yeah?”

“I think that we betrayed Neveah.”

“We didn’t betray her, Christa.”

“How didn’t we?” Christa said, sharply turning to him. “We did all that fighting to get her out of Chad’s house, then we winded up sending her back over there. She probably feels hurt.”

“We did it for the safety of our child, Christa.” Roc said. “It was better for us to know that our child is in safety, than with a man that we know is crazy.”

“Yeah but what about Neveah?”

Roc froze and stared at her, then glanced down at Kylie.

“We’ll fight for Neveah, and get her back under our household.”

“Yeah but that’ll take another 6 months.” Christa snarled.

“I’m sorry, Christa. We’ll see what our attorney can do.”

Darius pulled up to Chad’s house, and seen that he was throwing a party. This party however, contained nothing but Chad’s usual interest. His boys, prostitutes, drugs, alcohol, money, etc. There were at least 20 people at his house, and Darius came to have a good time.

“Where the hoes at?” Darius yelled over the loud music as he entered his house with two bottles of Peach Ciroc. Chad’s house was pitch black, and smoke coated the inside. There was a small disco ball on the living room tv, and it brought in the light of the living room.