Chapter 2 - Signs.

Roc watched the police place her on a stretcher, and take her out of her own home. Police said that Roc would have to leave the house until they get all of the blood cleaned up. And even though it was a suicide, they must make sure that the place is all clear of weapons, guns, etc. Roc picked up Naveah, and sat outside. She had her pacifier in her mouth, and she was sniffing and sniffing from crying so hard inside of the house.

Even though she was only two years old, her heart was more than hurt.

“I’m sorry about what happened, sir.” One police officer said as he stepped out of the house. “Take your daughter home. She doesn’t need to be here.”

“Thanks, but she’s not my daughter.” Roc said in a shaky tone.

“Oh. Sorry sir.” The officer laughed. “Well, does she have any parent or gaurdian that she should be with?”

“Her father. But she sai-“

“It’s probably best that she goes with her father tonight.” The officer said, nodding his head.

“She left a note.” Roc said in a sad tone. “Trisha. Her mother left a note saying that she didn’t want her to stay with her father tonight..or at all…Can I just keep her tonight to assure that she’s safe?”

“As long as you don’t have any guns or weapons-“

“No. I don’t have any weapons or anything.”

“You may take her. But we also got the victims phone, and we’re gonna have to call her parents, and the father of her child. Would you know the name of the little girls father in her contacts?”

“Ex. Ex boyfriend or something like that.”

“Alright.”

The officer took the number from her iphone, and called Chad. Roc listened to the phone ring, as Chad picked up the phone. He could hear another woman in the background, which was his newest girlfriend.

“Hello?”

“Hello? Do you happen to know a woman named Trisha Lee?” The officer asked.

“Yeah. Why is something wrong?” Chad said in a worried tone, thinking that she called the police on him.

“There’s so easy way to say this, but she committed suicide. We found a self inflicted gunshot wound in her head, and we’re dismissing it as a suicide.”

“Is my daughter alright?!” Chad asked in a shocked tone.

“Yeah, but-“

“I’m coming to get here.”

“Don’t worry! She’s in safe hands. She’s staying with….”

Roc was shaking his head at the officer, indicating that he didn’t want them to tell him that she was staying with him. The officer understood, and took a deep sigh.

“She’s going to be staying with one of Trisha’s friends tonight.” The officer sighed. “We promise that you can see your daughter tonight.”

“No. I want Neveah to stay with me tonight.” Chad demanded.

“Sir, we think that it’s best for your daughter to stay with her friend tonight.” The officer said. “Especially after what she just went through. She’s tired, and we promise that you can come get here tomorrow.”

“Alright.” Chad sighed. “I’ll call Trisha’s folks and uh…tell them the bad news.”

“Alright and i’m sorry for your loss. You have a good day!”