Chapter 3 - To the rescue.

“What?” Star said in shock.

“I think he’s abusing her.” Roc whispered, nodding his head.

“Okay we know that Chad can be an asshole 95% of the time, but I doubt that he’d abuse his own child.” Moesha said.

“Well, when she came over here and I put her on my lap, I seen a few marks and bruises on her arms, and a small cut on her face.” Roc said shaking his head. “And those weren’t there when I had her at my house.”

“Are you serious?”

“Dead serious. I think I might want her to stay with Trisha’s grandparents.”

“She can’t. Trisha’s dad is in the hospital for an illness, and her mom isn’t physically gifted anymore.” Janet said. “She won’t be able to help Neveah at some times. Especially when she needs her clothes changed, and other things.”

“Well what can we do? She can’t stay with him!” Roc snapped.

“I think you should let her stay with yo-“

“No. No no no no no.” Roc said shaking his head. “I’m not taking care of a child that’s not mine. I just got out of college and the money that i’m making right now is only affordable for me and me only. I can’t take care of myself and another person.”

“Do you know how selfish you sound?!” Star shouted.

A few of Trisha’s family members turned their heads her way, and everyone at the table turned and froze at them. They put on a fake smile, while her family members turned their heads the other way and gave them an oddly strange look.

“Do you know how selfish you sound?” Star whispered. “You want other people to help this child, but you don’t want to do anything to help her yourself.”

“I never said that. My point is, i’m not financially stable to take care of me and her.” Roc said. “I still have bills to pay when I get back, grocery shopping, and if I double that up, i’ll be getting kicked out of my home. And another point is, what place is it for me to try and take Neveah in after i’ve only known Trisha for ONE day? Do you really think that the courts gonna rule in my favor? No.”

“Tell them that she’s getting abused! Tell them that she needs help!” Janet whined.

“Even if I tell them that, they’re going to look for family members that she can stay with before they allow her to stay with me!”

“But Roc you have t-“

“He’s right.” Star said, cutting Moesha off. “All courts do that. There’s nothing Roc can do…”

Everyone sighed at the table in disappointment and despair.

“Then again, I could be overreacting.” Roc said shaking his head. “Either way, i’m very sorry.”

Chad left the funeral in the middle of the day, which family members found skeptical. He didn’t care though. He could care less that Trisha was gone. All he wanted was full granted custody of his daughter, and with her out the way, he got what he wanted.

He walked into the house with Neveah, and it was extremely foggy because he smoked alot of weed. His house was a little big, but not impressingly big. He had flat screen tv’s in the living room and his bedroom, but nowhere else. In the kitchen, there were alot of ‘Zig Zag’ papers, dropped weed trails, and a pot for which he used to sell cocaine. Neveah looked down, and seen 2 girls sitting on the couch with nothing but bikini’s on. There were cocaine bags hidden on the side of the couch, and empty bottles of 40 oz. around the area.