Chapter 9: "I'm so sorr-"

Chapter 9

~~Ashley's P.O.V~~

Rydel and I shopped for like 8 hours stright. I was trying to stall because I couldn't go home, I forgot my keys and no one was home. Finally we had to leave because the mall was closing.

"Ash are your parents home yet?" Rydel asked.

"No." I said sadly.

"Your welcome to come with me. I'll lock my door promise you Ross-- I mean you know wh-- I mean Ross, my point is I'll make sure he won't bother us."

"Sure, ok." I said still sorta glumly. I couldn't help being sad Ross really hurt me. It wasn't just what he said (that part didn't hurt as much, I'm no whimp) it was the fact that it came from him. Gosh I can't believe I liked him! Wait did I just admit that, well its a good thing I don't think out loud.

~~Riker's P.O.V~~

After that little mishap at the park me and Ry almost had to carry Ross and Rocky all the way home to keep them from killing each other and when we got there things got even worse. By the time 7:00 rolled around they were still at it. Boy they were really pissed at each other, thank God Ratliff came over when he did. Both brothers raised fist at eachother, uh oh. Suddenly the door opened and Ross and Rocky dropped fists. Ash and Rydel walked through it. Uh oh, again.

~~Ratliff's P.O.V~~

"Hey Ratliff!" Rydel said all cheery, Ashley just waved and looked down. Wonder what happend that got her so unhappy. Oh yeah, Ross-- well you already know. "Uh...what's going on." she said gesturing to her brothers fists that were still clentched.

" Nothing..." we all said at the same time. Rydel shook her head in dismay then walked off to her room with Ashley behind her. I looked over to Rocky and Ross to see if they would countinue their fight, but instead saw a calmer Rocky and a sad Ross.

~~Rydel's P.O.V~~

" Well that was weird." Ash said once we got to the safety of my room.

"Tell me about it." I replied. We talked some more about random things. I could tell that she was feeling a little better and decided now was the time to ask the question I've been dying to know the answer to all day. " Do you have a special someone? " I know this was too straight foward and confusing but there was no other way to word the sentence.

"What do you mean?" she replied suspiciously.

" I mean........ who are you crusing on?"

"No one."

" Ash come on, I can see it in your eyes. You like--" before I could finish my sentence Ashley's phone started to ring. After a minute of "uh huhs" and "yeahs" she hung up.

"Gotta go, my parents are home."

"Kay, see ya later." I said waving good bye.

~~Ashley's P.O.V~~

When I got to the Lynches home I made my way to Rydel's room after a really weird encounter with the boys. We talked about random things until she suddenly asked me if I had a crush on anyone. Now that was a random question. "No one." I said hoping she was really buying this.

" Ash come on, I can see it in your eyes. You like--" before she could finish her sentence my phone started to ring, thank God. I was my mom telling me that I could come home now. I jumped at this as a chance to get away from all these questions.

"Gotta go, my parents are home."

"Kay, see ya later." Rydel said waving good bye. Man that was close. I walked out of the pink room and into the living room. There I saw the faces of all the Lynch boys who were gathered in a circle whispering about something. Huh, it felt as if everyone in this house knew something that I didn't. I heard multiple "Byes" as I walked pass them.

"Ash," Ross spoke. " wait u--"

"Bye!" I purposely and rudely interrupted as I slammed the door shut. It opened again and out came Ross who was hot on my trail.

"Wait!" he said again.

"What!"

" I just wanna talk."

"Really, are you going to call me stupid this time, oh wait, you kinda already did." I replied annoyed.

" I'm sorry. The names, the means comments, everything, I didn't mean ANY of it."

"If you didn't mean it then why did you say it?"

".....I-It was a dare, my brothers dared me to say those things. I'm really sorry."

I sighed and looked into his eyes. " Well next time don't listen to them."

"I won't." Ross smiled.

" And try not to be so stupid and use common sense." I giggled.

" I will." Ross giggled back. After getting serious he spoke again, " I'm really sor--"

"Ross! Like I said the first time I met you, you can stop apologizing!" Both of us laughed as we remembered the memory. Once we were done Ross held out his arms awaiting a hug. I giggled and went right in burrying my head in his shoulder, he smelled of cologne. We pulled apart and gazed at eachother for a bit, I felt myself about to lean in. To protect myself from doing something I might regret I broke the gaze and silence." Um I gotta go."

" Yeah. Hey you want me to drive you?" Ross asked hopefully.

" No I think I'll be fine... considering the fact that I only live about 4 houses down."

"Oh. Well, I guess I'll see you later then."

" Yeah. Bye." I said.

"Bye." He replied. I turned and started walking home. "Hey Ash," I heard Ross say from behind me.

"Yeah." I said turning back around.

He smiled sweetly and said, " Good Night."

"Good Night." I replied and walked away with a smile on my face.