Chapter 17: Breakthrough

(A/N: What up people of Earth, or should I say citizens of Wattpad!!!!! Sooooooo sorry that I haven't updated in like forever, but you know the usual, school.......and I so do happen to have a life so.........haha! JK! Last week it was a science project and this week it is a bunch of homework, ugh!!! HELP ME!!! Haha, yeahhhhh, you can't really help me! LOL! Do I seem hyper to you because I am SO hyper right now; I just had an ice cream sunday....... even though it's winter!!! So here you go: Chapter 17!!!!!!!!!!! :) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 17

~~Ashley's P.O.V~~

I woke up pretty early considering the party had ended way after midnight, I had also spent the night at the Lynch's place. I looked around and saw that Rydel was still asleep, so I quietly picked up my phone to check what time it was. 11:15 am, it read. Let me tell you; I am NOT a morning person, but I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep. So I stood up, grabbed a pair of Rydel's clothes (I knew she wouldn't mind), headed for the bathroom, and brushed my teeth with one of the spare toothbrushes in the Lynch's bathroom cabinet. I didn't bother to shower before slipping into the pink tank and white shorts. I fixed my hair into a messy bun and slipped on some yellow sandals. I tip-toed down the stairs being sure not to wake anyone. Once I reached the bottom step, I felt my body collide with another: Ross'. "Sorry! It's ok!" we said at the same time. I blushed a bit and Ross smiled.

"Yeah...... sorry about that, I'm kind of like a zombie in the morning. " I giggled.

"So is everyone else in this house. You and I will be the only ones up for at least four more hours." he giggled.

"Hmmm, they seem more like vampires to me." We both begun laughing.

"Hey you wanna go somewhere, and like get away from all of these sleeping zombies vampires?" Ross randomly asked.

"Yeah, sure." I couldn't help but do a little dance in my head as we headed outside. Sure Rydel knew I liked Ross, but I didn't tell her the whole story. The whole story is: I really like Ross. What I mean is my "crush" has gone from a "crush" to..... well I don't know, something bigger than a crush I guess. It's just so confusing.

~~Ross' P.O.V~~

As we strolled down the sidewalk path, I started to sink deeper into my thoughts. Should I tell her I like her or not? I wanted to, I just didn't know why it was so hard. Next thing I knew we were standing on the beach. The waves were calm today and the sunlight was perfect.

"Oh my gosh, the beach is so perfect today!" Ash smiled. I turned to see the girl with closed eyes and arms out, soaking in the sun rays, with a huge grin on her face. I giggled at how funny she looked. "I'm serious! And this is not funny." she stated softly punching my arm. I just laughed some more as Ash glared at me.

"Race you to the water?" I challenged with an excited tone.

"Your on."

"Ready....set.... g--"

"Wait, your shoe's untied." she stated. I glanced down soon to realize that I wasn't even wearing sneakers. By the time I looked back up, Ash was far out of view. Smooth move, but not smooth enough. I quickly chased after her and was soon by her side.

"Miss me?" I joked.

"Is that a trick question?"she replied. We soon reached the ocean, at the same time and were both out of breath.

"Ha, I won! Yeah, I won! No, I won!" we both shouted in unison.

"I know how to settle this." I smirked.