Chapter 7: Say What?

Chapter 7

~~Ross' P.O.V~~

I was in thought again when something hit me, literally. I fell on the grass and so did the thing that hit me. I looked up into a pair of beautiful brown eyes. " OH MY GOSH I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO FALL ON YOU I TRIPPED ON SOMETHING IT WAS AN ACCI-"

"Ash!" I chuckled interrupting the freaked out girl. " It's fine you didn't break anything, I'm not hurt. Are you?" She shook her head no. "Good." There was an awkward silence as we stared into each others eyes.

"Um, lets have a redo of that play." Riker said interrupting the beautiful moment. Ashley stood up and away. As much as I enjoyed staring into her eyes I was thankful that Riker ended it or I swear, I would have kissed her.

Ashley's team did end up making their last touchdown and it was time for everyone to shake hands and say "Good game" even though they don't even mean it. Rocky and Riker just sorta pouted around like they lost the Super Bowl but I didn't mind shaking hands with the other team, after all two-thirds of that team is related to me. After getting it all out of the way I walked up to Ashley and Rydel who were talking. Both girls smiled, in fact Rydel started giggling again. "What's so funny?" I asked confused.

"Nothing. I'll leave you two to converse." she replied mischievously and walked away.

"That was weird." said Ashley.

"I know right." There was another silence between us. Finally I found the courage to ask her a question that I've been dying to ask. " Um hey Ash can I ask you something?"

"Of course, go ahead."

I took a deep breath. "Uh... never mind, it can wait.

"You sure?" she asked. I nodded. She shrugged and started walking away.

"Will you go out with me?" I whisperd under my breath.

"Huh?" Ashley said after she turned around.

"Nothing!" I quickly replied. She raised an eyebrow and continued walking.

~~Rocky's P.O.V~~

The game was over, and if your wondering, yes the other team won, but it was a fluke I tell ya. So anyways, it was time to shake hands with the other team but I just stood around pouting. After it was all over I saw Ross go up to Rydel and Ashley. I walked a bit closer to see what they were talking about but Rydel just giggled and left. Huh, wonder what that was about. There was a quick silence then Ross said something, then Ashley, then Ross again, then Ashley, blah blah that part of the conversation didn't really intrest me at all. But what did was what I heard him say next.

"Will you go out with me?" Ross said this quietly so I'm pretty sure Ashley couldn't hear him.

"Huh?" Ashley replied.

"Nothing!" Ashley walked away and left Ross who was face palming himself.

~~Ross' P.O.V~~

How could I have not asked Ashey out what is wrong with me!

"Dude, you so love her!" a voice from behind said. I turned to see Rocky who must have been eavesdropping.

"What, please." I replied. I could tell Rocky wasn't buying my lie.

"I just heard you whisper 'will you go out with me' to Ashley. I can give you advice, everyone knows that I'm great with the ladies."

"Apparently everyone but me." I mumbled.

"Do you want advice or not." he asked annoyed.

"Fine sure."

" Ok. For one thing, you're way too nice." Rocky said.

"And your point is..."

"You gotta take charge, be tough, be mean, show her you say whatever you want to say whenever you want to say it and don't care what anyone thinks."

"What the hell are you talking about?!" I asked/yelled. This time I was the one getting annoyed.

"Ok little bro let me use smaller words. You-are- the- man-so-be-the-man."

"Rocky! I asked for your advise I didn't say I was deaf!"

"Dude just shut up and listen, I'm going to try this one more time. You like Ash and you want to tell her right? All you need to do is be tough and mean. And oh yeah be mysterious, that will keep her wanting more of you." he replied.

"Are you sure? I don't want to regret this." I said.

"Have I ever been wrong."

"Wow, don't I feel safe" I replied sarcastically.

"You better shut it before I tell Ashley what you say in your sleep." I put my hands up in surrender. "Now go get her man."

~~Ashley's P.O.V~~

I was talking to Riker, Ryland, and Rydel when Ross approached us. As soon Rydel spotted him she gestured her other brothers to leave the two of us alone. "Hey, what's up." I asked.

"What's up is you shutting up and letting me do the talking." he rudely said back.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"Excuse me?!?!" I replied/yelled. What happend to the sweet Ross I used to know.

"You really need to work on your hearing."

"OK what is your problem!"

"Hey don't look at me you're the one with the problem babe." he snickered.

"Did you just call me BABE!"

"There we go with the listening again."

"Ok get this through your blonde head. I am NOT your BABE and I NEVER will be so don't call me that." I shouted.

"What are you gonna do about it?" he smiled.

Knowing myself I knew that at this point I would start cursing him out but instead let the anger out another way. "This is what I'm gonna do!" I lifted my foot off the ground and kicked Ross in the shin.

"OW!" he replied in some serious pain.

"Have a nice day BABE!" I yelled before storming off with Rydel following me.