8. Owner

Niall and I lay in a bedroom that had another bed in it, occupied by a sleeping Harry. When he walked in, I jumped off of his mattress and rested myself on the floor between the two beds. I only laid in Harry's bed because Niall had strewn his clothes all over his, looking through the suit cases to find clothes comfortable enough to sleep in since the ones he wore before was all wet from the shower he gave me.

But now I lay beside Niall on his recently cleared bed while he stares up at the ceiling. It wasn't too late, just after midnight but the sounds of the streets just eight stories below didn't falter or soften. In fact, it sounded as if the later the night becomes, the louder everything gets.

Harry's almost silent snores were heard with the hearing I have and it was a steady rhythm, just like Niall's breathing. And if I listen closely, I can hear the sleeping sounds of Liam, Louis, and Zayn in another room in this suite.

"People wanna kill me, Loving." I hear Niall quietly sigh. I stay bundled up to his side, my head down by his thigh while his arm rested on my back, his fingers continuing their push and pull movements in my fur. "For money. I don't understand what I did to make them wanna do that to me."

I huffed out a sigh at his innocence. He didn't do anything wrong, he shouldn't have to go through this. No one really should.

"Thank you for helping me out there, I owe you my life." Niall turned toward me, laying himself on his side while he continued to stroke his fingers. "I just wish I could find out who your owner is, so I can ask to keep you."

I don't know how I'm going to convince Niall that I don't have an owner without literally shaking my head at a direct question about it, but that'd be too much of a give away. I show disapproval and appreciation, but that's a huge difference than nodding and shaking my head at yes or no questions.

I screamed at Niall in my head that I don't have owners, I watch his eyes and hope he sees my words within mine but his facial expression doesn't change.

If anything, I was my own owner.

I shot up quickly and ran toward the room door, stationing myself in the tiny kitchen area. There was a small light coming from a plug-in outlet just over the counter. I began pacing the length of the small room, coming up with a plan.

"Loving?" Niall calls for me, jogging into the kitchen space after flipping on a light switch. His eyes land on my frantic body.

I know what I can do to convince Niall that he can keep me and take me places with him so he'll be protected. If I become myself again and tell Niall that he has my dog but that he can have it, he'll keep me.

But how do I do that?

"Loving, what's the matter?" He asks. I sit myself down and look around.

The kitchen had only one small separate wall from the front door of the suite. If I could just somehow make a knocking sound that seems like its coming from the door, and he answers it- how do I get past him, though? Shit.

Niall sighs and walks over to the kitchen sink that was stationed on the opposite side of the small space. Using my hind leg, I took this opportunity to quickly kick three times against the wall. It sounded more like a pounding noise then knuckles on wood, but Niall turned around.

When he left the small kitchen to walk over to the suites door, I followed him and watched as he peeked out of the small peep hole. He made a small noise before stepping away and unlocking the chain, deadbolt, and knob.

He poked his head out quickly, looking both ways before a look of confusion etched into his features. He pulled the door completely open and stepped out to look down the hall thoroughly. With Niall now distracted, I pulled back the beast that resided within me and allowed my humane sanity to rush back into my every nerve until I stood on two feet again. It only really took a couple of seconds until I was standing behind Niall with the flag shorts he so openly says he likes.