26. Hans

Gavin had wrapped his arm around my neck, and because of his towering height, easily walked while my feet were no longer touching the ground.

It was a choke hold, but he didn't attempt to really choke me. It was just to keep me in his grasp.

Despite, I had to fight for air quite a lot when he moved a certain way. He carried me like this for nearly ten minutes, every second passing had my heart racing faster.

I think he found much amusement in that.

Werewolves are never scared of vampires. We're around to fight them, keep them in line, challenge them when they're wrong. But never have I heard of one taunting the other the way Gavin has to me.

The building we were in smelt old. The rot on dry wall and the smell of wet panneling. The floors squeaked with the weight of Gavin and every now and again, the only lighting coming from the same lamps that were in the tunnel before.

Sometimes, I could see peeling wallpaper near the lamps and spacious doors. The halls were too narrow to be a rundown hospital. The doors were too close together to be an abandoned hotel.

We passed by a laminated flyer that looked to have more age to it than I have. It told of a large party. Was this a school? College, maybe?

"They caught him, you know." Gavin says just as a large double door entrance came into view at the end of one of the hundreds of lengthy halls this place had. There were two leeches standing outside of it. "Your little Wolf friend."

"If any of you hurt him, I swear, I'll-"

"You'll what?" He chuckles. He shifts me closer so my head was tilted back a bit, his arm tightening as my breathing became harsh. "Run away again? I'm actually amazed at how you haven't changed yet."

"You should be amazed." I say, intending to be cocky, but as he held me tighter, I grew a bit frightened. I didn't like how he made me feel. I was gonna be sick. "I'm quite a wonder."

"No kidding."

"Wonders tend to surprise people, Gavin." I kicked my legs again as the doors opened just ten feet in front of me. "So don't be too shocked when I kill you, eh?"

"If I don't lay you out first." He whispers. He drags his thumb nail against my neck, breaking the skin quite easily. My eyes widen as the smell of my own blood reaches my nose. A pair of hissing was heard as we passed through the doors.

I feel him lean in closer and I start thrashing myself against his hold, my hands clawing at his arms as I start to scream in protest.

"No- don't you fucking- No, no, stop!"

I feel his tongue glide against my neck before something slick and sharp presses to my skin. I was about to scream again until someone else spoke.

"Gavin." A strange voice says.

Gavin completely stops what he's doing with a discontent sigh. His arm around my neck loosened and I inhaled sharply.

I look over to the left of myself, where the voice came from, and see that, about four feet up at the top of marble stairs, sat a row of large chairs- five thrones.

This room looked well put together and brought a scene from an ancient time. Tapestry decorated the walls, stone statues holding fire for light, but there was faint glowing all around. The room was large, echoing. It looked almost castle-like.

The one on the farthest left shifted uneasily.

"Is this her?" The one who stopped Gavin says, stationed right in the middle. All of their clothes were ancient, as if they were straight out of a midevil time. Robes and fancy dressings.