4. Sugar Baby

"Niall!"

A man jogged over to us, my ears flattening against my head as I stepped in front of the victim. Screams were heard, shouts of Niall's name being squealed after the man announced Horan's name loud and clear.

"That was all on you, Paul. You can't blame them on me for how they know we're here now." Niall says. He steps around me completely and approaches the man he seems to know. However, the stranger had his eyes on me as he tried to guide Niall away to the mouth of the alley.

The confusion was clear in my eyes as Niall looked down at me, his eyes holding worry. Did he think I would attack humans? Probably because it seemed as if I had attacked two in front of him just minutes before.

Instead of causing a scene from being a huge wolf in the middle of New York, I backed away until I was able to turn and jog down the alley. I didn't go far, just enough to step into the opening Niall hid in and calmed my heart beats enough to a human rate. As soon as it happened, my fur grew back toward my skin, my clothes still wrapped around my body as I stood on my legs again.

Niall was being walked through a crowd with the man he knew. I walked toward them, easily getting myself lost in the crowd of people. I went around and made it to the hotel door entrance before Niall and the man named Paul.

I made it to the elevators when Niall and Paul was just entering the building, other men in black outfits appearing to handle the doors and keep people from coming in.

The elevator shut closed as I turned my head down, waiting as the ride went up.

On the eighth floor, I got out from the compacted space where six other people aside from myself stood awkwardly and I walked down the hall to room 402, standing in front of it and not really knowing what I should do now.

I walked across the hall and slipped out the list, sneering at the number beside each name. All twelve had a certain number; 14, 17, 5, ECT. It stood for how much thousands the persons death is worth. Niall had the highest bidding, the number reading 80. It was faint, but seen when held up to the light.

I lifted the paper up to have the lamps in the elegant hall light it up, rereading my victims name that I saved tonight. Why does he cost so much?

I immediately brought the paper down to my lap when I see Niall and Paul pass by me. The man was angry and Niall looked frustrated.

I dropped my gaze down, folding the list up and hiding it in the palm of my hand.

"Are you okay?" I hear Niall ask. When I peek up, I see him shake Paul off of his arm while he watched my face.

"Yeah. Why?" I question, flipping my hair from my sight.

"You've been here- No, you were outside when I left. I complimented your shorts." Niall says, recalling. "I have a flag shirt, I like the design."

"I like the design, too." I said with a nod.

I'm really good at making small talk that doesn't last. My words can make a conversation drop quickly if I wanted it to. Or, we'd both suffer in awkward silence.

"But are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"Why aren't you in your suite?"

"Dunno."

"You're just gonna sit there?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Dunno."

He huffs and rubs the back of his head. "Why-?"