Chapter 18

Hi

...

Yeah...

Let's just not, okay?

—————

3rd Person POV:
After a brief panic in the room, the team cut their coffee break short.  Changbin could feel a headache coming in the future, but pushed on with finding Seoksoo's location. They weren't surprised that he was on the move, but he doesn't run a company anymore so him saying he's going on a business trip after being caught and fined for speeding was suspicious. When they asked the cop on duty to chase him down, the guy said that he was already too far away. They  decided to message him using a federal account to tell him that he's being detained.

For the last hour, the people designated to meet up with him haven't seen him at all. They sent a helicopter to search for him, and they found him speeding down a generally empty highway.

In the opposite direction of the meet-up site.

They sent cars from sister locations to block the road, deciding that he would have to be forcefully detained and seemingly guilty. It was confirmed that he was alone in the car so it wouldn't require too many officers. The news team joined on the high speed chase and broadcasting it over many local channels.

"EX-CEO FROM ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR BUSINESS FRANCHISES GETS CHASED BY POLICE",  is on the headlines.

Changbin was curled over from laughter as most of the people in the building watched the live news. He didn't make it very far from where their helicopter spotted him and slightly fought from being arrested. He stopped after being read his rights and shoved into one of the cars. Great, Jace thought. I really didn't want to question him again.

—————

Kim Seokjin is not ready for court.

Granted, the trial doesn't start for another week, but he doesn't know if he'll be ready by then either.

Minsoo was currently taking a nap on his chest while Namjoon was washing the dishes. He was looking at the tv, but wasn't paying too much attention to it as anxious thoughts clouded his mind. Luckily, he wasn't able to fall down that rabbit hole when Namjoon appeared in front of his face and smiled, allowing him to poke his dimple.

"Your face relieves my stress daily." He says softly, watching as the blush rose up Namjoon's neck.

"Shut up and move over." He says as his comeback. He hears Seokjin mumble something like 'that's hyung to you' so he says, "Shut up and move over, hyung." He chuckles when he sees Seokjin's pleased face. He lays his hyung's head on his lap and cards a hand through his hair, hoping to start up a conversation.

"Are you feeling anxious hyung?" He asks first. He gets a nod in response and sighs.

"Care to elaborate?" He asks next.

"Well, the suspect is my sperm donor," this surprises Namjoon into chuckling. "So I can't say I'm not nervous to see what will happen. They've captured all of the hired killers by some miracle and even tricked one into confessing. So I can't say I'm stoked for the court session." He says all at once. Namjoon pauses to dissect his mini rant to figure out what to say.

"Well, no matter the outcome, you're still here. They're going to make sure you're safer after this and hopefully we'll know who called one on you so that they won't be able to do it again." He tries. His response sounded generic, but he couldn't think of anything else to say. What could he say? 'Hey, sorry your dad most likely hired a few hitmen on you. You don't deserve this.' sounds just as bad. He shakes his head to himself and looks down, finding Jin's gaze on him.