Chapter Six

Seokjin's POV:
I get up early and get ready for work. I ate some cereal and pulled out the thermos with his Cinnabon coffee and cake. I put them on the counter with a sticky note before leaving for work. I walked in and greeted everyone in the work place, meeting my sub manager
(A: Right? Is that what they're called?)

"Bangyonguk how are you?" I ask as I close the door. He looks up from his desk and smiles at me, standing up and holding his hand out. "I'm very good Seokjin-ssi." I smile. "Alright Gukkie, you have to be somewhere else or you sticking with me today?" I ask. He shakes his head with a small smile. He smiles a lot. "No, I'll stick around. Me and my nephew Huening Kai were gonna go hang out after work. That's all." I nod and we get to work, wanting to get as much paperwork done as soon as possible so tomorrow and the day after, I can have a break. We ended up completing quite a bit before rush hour, which is good since most of my employees leave, if not all. Then I usually manage the place for an hour with Gukkie before my night-shift employees clock in. Since I have cafés all over Seoul, Busan, and Daegu, I have a LOT of paperwork to fill out and business meetings to fly to. But lately it's been quiet, no drama or threats to the cafés or anything so we're good. Plus less time out, the more time with Joonie!

Joonie...right...I still need to apologize.

I sigh and focus back on whatever it was I was doing... what was I doing again?...mmm-oh! We had just finish signing the contract for the new Incheon expansion before preparing everything for rush hour. I call everyone out. "Alright we need all hands on deck here. We all know what we're going to have to go through, this ain't our first rodeo people. We can do this!" "Yeah!" They all cheer. I shush them before putting my hand in. "One...two...three! Sweetest Sip!" We all chant before splitting of into our stations. I love my employees, they love my sense of humor.

"Bangyonguk please manage the chefs while I take the cashiers! Thank you!" "Jungkook, table 6 needs a waiter, please tend to them after your done with table 15!" I walk over to the counter. "Everything food ladies and gents!" I ask. They all nod quickly before tends to their either impatient or indecisive customers. "Tzuyu your break starts soon, please get as many orders down before you take off, I'll fill your position after. And when you get on break can you tell Youngjae to come out of there? His break will be over by then." She nods and I thank her before running to the back and making a couple more batches of pastries. "No see, if you pour too much they'll get too runny Beomgyu...yeah like that. Good." I showed them a couple of my techniques before heading back to the front. A lady walked up to me. "Hey um, I ordered a green tea and not an Earl Gray, could I possibly switch them out?" I ask for her receipt and she hands it to me. "Thank you and I apologize for the mistake." She waves it off and smiles before going back to her seat. Table 13...table 13... remember that.

"13,13,13. Zuzu! She wanted a green tea not an Earl Gray, please tell them to switch this." I hand her the drink and she takes it to the counter. They eventually give me a hot cup of green tea and I make my way to table...12? No 13! Ha! "Here you go ma'am, again I apologize for the mix-up." She smiles and thanks me before I walk away. "Zuzu you can go on break now, Jae~Jae will come and fill in for you." She nods and exhales deeply before going to the back with a smile on her face. Since rush hour SUCKS I give my employees 35 minute break instead of 25. And it's necessary, trust me. "Sir, Yunbi is sick and says she can't take her night shift tomorrow." I nod. "Tell her it's fine, she can take a sick day." She nods and walks away with her phone, most likely texting Yunbi my message. "Hyung, Min-Hyun says he can't make it because of an accident around his residential area. He apologizes." I nod. "It's okay, things happen. Well just take it as a sick day since he can afford it." I say. He nods walks off, telling the message to Min-Hyun in the phone. Then someone walks up to the register. "Good afternoon and welcome to The Sweetest Sip, order when you're ready!" I say. The lady looks at the menu then down at her phone. Looking over what seems to be a list of different orders. Boy is this gonna be a long day...

—————————————
"Hyung, can I take Lisa one of your new pastries? And coffee? I think she'll like it. "Yeah Kook, just take one of the extras." He nods and shuffles happily behind the counter. Getting a pastry from the display and grabbing a coffee from the mini fridge. Yes we provide our own bottles out of recycled plastic that imitates glass. And metal straws from Amazon, cause I'm THAT rich.

Anyway though, I grab Joonie one too, thinking it would be great to apologize with food. I asked Gukkie to take the extras to the shelters for me. "Which one today hyung?" I thought for a moment. "Dream City Homeless Shelter Church. That one kinda needs it." I say. He nods with, you guessed it, a small smile before packing everything into his trunk and driving away. I leave a spare key with the custodians so they can clean up and lock up the place without me there. I take everything and pack it up into my work bias before heading to the car. Setting everything in the backseat, except for the pastry and the thermos with Joonie's coffee in it, I head towards home. Ready to use the apology I came up with during my 25 minute break.

——————————————
6:38 pm and I finally make it home. Today was exhausting! I'm surprised I didn't pass out yet. I walk through the door and take off my coat, my shoes getting toes off at the same time. "Namjoonie! Hyung is home!" I shout, hoping he'll come down. I sigh after a minute, realizing he's ignoring me again. I grab his stuff and head up to his room, knocking on the door once I get there. "Can we talk...please?" I ask. I hear some footsteps on the other side of the door before he slowly opens it, not looking at me at all. He steps aside and I enter, setting his things on the bedside table before sitting on his bed. He looked away from me as I pulled him closer. "Joonie look... I-" "Why did you yell at me?"

I shut up.

————————————————————————
It's author-nim here! I love you all and I hope you enjoyed this trashy chapter. You might not be too happy with me about this chapter or the next, by the fluff will be worth it I swear! You will☺️

Now remember...

I purple chu~💜