𝚂𝚒𝚡

"... she reads her opponents like a book."

Y/N watches her opponent's side, thinking as the ball is in play, "I know of their captain's receives- she has control on the receive unlike the other opposite hitter, who catches the ball- regardless- but cannot control the ball so it usually goes either high or low.  Her receives obviously dictates the kind of attacks they'll perform.  Usually the opposite hitters would have to receive so the setter can easily set the ball- though Ikjin is more like they'll try too hard to make anything of the scraps they receive on the fly.  More or less, the setter is also a bit too easy to read- sticks strictly to her ace and middle blocker.  She never tries to do anything more."  Y/N tugs on Sowon's shirt to their right, as Sana receives the ball- the ball going high, "Which means she'll stick with her ace!"

Momo sets the ball to their left after she yells for Jeongyeon.  Jeongyeon responds by jumping to Momo's moderate toss- her eyes widening as she faces Y/N above the net with Sowon next to her.  "How the hell can she jump that high-?!" Ikjin thought as Jeongyeon consciously swung at Y/N's block, scoring a point for Tancheok.  The three touch the floor from the jump, the whistle blowing for Tancheok.

Ikjin is left stunned as Y/N is cheered by her upperclassmen.  Y/N nods her head and bows respectfully, thanking them.  Kimsang is also left stunned at Y/N's vertical jump.  Especially Minnie, "I don't remember her jumping that high-?!"

Moonbyul smirks as the teams in the gymnasium are taken by surprise by Y/N's high vertical jump.  "This is what I meant by 'what we trained her as,' Minnie-ssi..."

The ball is already in play, Sowon does a one-touch the ball getting sent backwards behind her.   "One touch!" she yells, descending from her jump.  "I got it!" Dahyun bumps the ball high towards Y/N.

Y/N jumps high, facing Yuju to spike- causing for Tzuyu and Jeongyeon to jump on Yuju, performing a high block.  Yuju gives the two her signature smirk as Y/N performs a soft setter dump last second.  The two Ikjin blockers give a look of contempt as the rest of Ikjin seems even more aggravated because of the setter.  Momo curses under her breath, giving dirty looks to Y/N from the other side of the net as the 5'2 setter receives high-fives.

"Damn that girl..." Nayeon curses under her breath.  Mina overhears Nayeon, she frowns as her team seems down.  "Let's keep it together and get one point!" Nayeon yells.  Ikjin yells in reply, getting in position as Moonbyul is up to serve.

"Get us a service ace, captain!" Tancheok cheers for Moonbyul.  The captain smirks as she hears the serve whistle go off.  She tosses it high in the air, running up to the line- she jumps and performs a jump serve.

The ball seems to be directed towards Ikjin's libero, though Chaeyoung seems to be frozen as she sees the ball coming closer towards her.   Jihyo rushes in last second, fly-receiving the ball. She hits the ground and grunts.  "NICE RECEIVE CAPTAIN!" Jeongyeon yells. Moonbyul stares at Jihyo with an aggravated smile- Jihyo gives a hard smirk in return.

The ball is high in the air, getting closer to the net by the second.  Momo gets under the ball, looking at Tzuyu who's already completed her jump as a decoy- then she glances over her shoulder.   "Jeongyeon is about to jump, Tzuyu has already jumped..." she thought in a split-second.   Performing what seems to be a jump set, Sowon jumps at Jeongyeon who's on mid-air.   Then Momo knocks the ball over- attempting to perform a setter dump.

Her eyes widen as Y/N softly blocks her setter dump, the ball ricocheting off of her left hand then hitting the ground in front of Momo.  The players descend from their jump- the whistle blows for Tancheok's point once again.  Momo clenches her fist, digging her nails into her palm.

"I hate this setter..." she angrily thought.  "Nice read, Y/N-ah!" Dahyun high-fives the setter.  Y/N humbly waves it off.  "You were behind me, so I want to thank you for the cover."

"Oh yeah- nice kill, Y/N-ah!"

"I think I just fell in love with you, Y/N-shi!"

Y/N chuckles at her team's comments.  She glances over her shoulder to see the looks on Ikjin's faces.  She walks from her teammates to the aggravated Momo, tilting her head in confusion as Momo stares her down.

"What're you looking at..." Momo growls.  Y/N gives a smile- one which seems sinister.  "For a setter, you sure don't seem devoted to your spiker..." Y/N says, her eyes staring into Momo's through the net.  Momo and Jeongyeon are caught off-guard at the smaller setter's remark.  "It's just a feeling- so don't take it too personal.  But just remember that you're not the one hitting the ball." Y/N says before walking back to her position on the court.

Jeongyeon looks at Momo and gives a look of seriousness.  Momo gives a dead stare back at her ace.  Nayeon notices the tension- but unable to have backup setter, she sighs letting Momo stay on the court, "Now is not the time for Momoring's hostility..."

Nayeon and Mina's eyes slightly widen at Y/N's bluntness.  "She's not wrong." they both thought.

"Alright, let's get another point, shall we?" Tancheok's captain smirks as she claps her hands.

"Ne!"