𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

The sounds of the teams' heavy breaths can be heard.  Minnie sucks in her lips feeling pitiful for Tancheok.  "That may have only been the second point scored in the whole game... but that may have been the deciding point for this whole game," she frowns as she spots Tancheok looking down, catching their breaths.  "Come on guys, pick yourselves up.  Y/N-nie wouldn't stand for this."

-

Huff.  Huff.  Huff.

"Come on!  Pick up, pick up, pick up!" Ikjin and Kimsang mentally root for Tancheok.

The whistle blew again.  "End of first set!  Hyebaek takes it, 25 to 15!" Namjoon announces.

The audience quietly groan as the playing teams catch their breaths.  "Only the first set?!  They're insane!" Yuna whined as she took a peek at the digital clock on her phone.  The first set took nearly fifteen minutes more than anticipated due to the long rallies.

Hyebaek and Tancheok walk back to their benches to catch their breaths and hydrate.

Dahyun stares at her shoes, spaced out in her own world.  "What's wrong with me?  Why aren't I doing well?  What's going on?" she thought.  "This feels surreal.  We have never done this bad against Hyebaek before...  What would Y/N-ah think of this?  What would she do?" she tightly clutches her water bottle.  "Fuck, Y/N...  Why did you feel the need to show off?  To feel smarter than everyone else?" She scowls, having a quick flashback of the incident.

"Dahyun-shi?"

She blinks out of her thoughts and turns to the voice of Yerin.  She finds the setter awkwardly smiling and bowing her head, sitting on the bench.  "Mianhae, I'll be on the top of my game next set..." Yerin nervously chuckles with an apologetic smile.  Dahyun's eyes widen in a frightening way causing for Yerin to stutter, "A-ah, Hyebaek will get a taste of us this set-!"

"Are you telling me that you weren't playing your best?"

Yerin gulped as Dahyun looms over her.  "Dahyun-ah.  That's enough." Moonbyul stands in between the two.  Everyone's eyes are on the situation, feeling the atmosphere tense.  Dahyun continues to stare down Yerin with such eyes that Moonbyul couldn't help but to feel chills.

Solar looks over at her team and sighs, "Eunha-shi, you're in.  Dahyun-ssi, you're out."  Eunha's head perks up and she nods.  Dahyun quietly takes a seat as the whistle blows for the start of the second set.  The players return to the court.

This time, the air is very thick.  With pressures and problems stacked onto each other for Tancheok, Hyebaek can feel the very foundation of the team cracking.  Irene eyes Dahyun and sighs.

=Meanwhile...=6:40 PM=

Y/N laid, staring at the ceiling of the dark nursery.  She sighed from the minor bursts of headaches from time to time.  "Damn it.  Sorry appa.  I should be down there right now.  I failed them," she chuckled to herself and stretched in the bed.  "They must be barely surviving right now.  I'm so sorry guys." She sighed.

"Wait.  Is that what Hoseok-oppa meant?" Y/N's eyes slightly widen from the realization.  She chuckles then begins to laugh at herself.  "Sorry you guys.  You're going to be just fine." She mentally spoke.

=Back at the gym...=

Tancheok feels a chill up their spine.  They look at each other, confused as to how they all shivered in sync.  The second set has already begun, Hyebaek has the lead, 8 to 3.  Dahyun feels a warmth on her arms, then it disappeared.