𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Y/N and Dahyun jog down the stairs, Dahyun bumps into someone as they turn the corner.  Y/N stops in her tracks.  "Ah- mianhaeyo!" Dahyun says, bowing towards the person she bumped into, she helps the blonde squirrel-looking girl up to her feet.  "It's okay! I wasn't looking where I was going," the blonde girl bows her head apologetically.  "Kim Dahyun-imnida, I'm from Tancheok- what about you?" Dahyun asks, her enthusiasm increases at the sight of a new girl.  The latter's eyes widen.  "M-Minatozaki Sana-imnida, I'm from Ikjin!" Sana bows her head once more, introducing herself.

"That's cool! What position do you play, Sana-ssi-?!" Dahyun is cut off by another voice behind Sana.  "Sana-chan~! Jihyo's calling us to the courts, we should go before she yells at us~!" a high-pitched voice calls out.  Sana looks behind her and replies, "I'll meet you right there, Momo-chan!"  She then turns to Dahyun, not even noticing Y/N behind the libero.  "I got to go- I'll see you around!"  "Anneong!"

The two Tancheok players watch as Sana jogs off with her black-haired teammate to the gym.   Tancheok's duo look at each other- smirking, "RACE YOU!"  Then off they went, sprinting through the halls of Kimsang to the volleyball courts.

"I WIN!"

"NO FAIR, Y/N-AH!!" Dahyun whines- out of breath as she places her hands on her knees.  Y/N snickers and slaps her knee, the two standing by the entrance to the gym.  "Not my fault I have shorter legs, blehh!" Y/N sticks her tongue out teasingly to her older teammate.  "Whatever, let's just go inside..." Dahyun rolls her eyes as she steps inside the gymnasium, Y/N following behind her.

"Hey- don't forget about us!" Sowon cries out behind Y/N- also out of breath.  Yuju heavily catches her breath behind the middle blocker.

Kim So-Jung "Sowon" (Middle Blocker): [Power: 3/5~Jumping: 3/5~Stamina: 4/5~Game Sense: 3/5~Technique: 3/5~Speed: 3/5]

The four enter the gymnasium, already seeing some of Kimsang practicing on a court.  An unfamiliar school to the four has also occupied a whole court.  Hyebaek seems to be running a bit late, but the schools don't mind.   The four Tancheok players slip on their knee/elbowpads. "I'll go get the cart!" Dahyun says, running to the backroom of the gymnasium.  Minutes later, pulling out a cart full of volleyballs- she runs to a free court.

(In Kimsang's gymnasium, there are five tournament-sized courts with up-to-date nets and such.)

Y/N, Dahyun, Yuju, and Sowon stretch their tight muscles from the ride.  "Let's do a two-on-two?" Sowon asks, smirking as she rolls up her sleeves.  The three smirk in response.  "Why not?" Y/N asks.

"I'm with Y/N-ah. Yuju, you have Dahyun-shi!" Sowon calls out, moving to Y/N's side of the court as Dahyun goes to Yuju's side.  "Arrasso!" Yuju high-fives Dahyun, then looks back at the other side.  "Who's going first?" Yuju asks.  "You go first." Y/N simply says, getting in position to set.

Dahyun rolls her eyes as Y/N shrugs at the libero.  Yuju gladly takes a ball from the cart, going to her end line.  "Here I go!" Yuju yells, tossing the ball then hitting it lightly over the net.  The ball easily goes over, received by Sowon, "Y/N-ah!"  Y/N quietly goes under the falling ball, setting to a soaring Sowon- the middle blocker grins as she smacks the ball aiming on the end of the court.

Failing to score a point due to Dahyun's flying receive, the ball is in the air, slowly floating high over the attack line.  "Yuju-ssi!" Dahyun shouts.  "Got it!" Yuju shouts in return.  The spiker jumps to spike the ball at the center of the court.  Right as she takes aim, Sowon appears in front of her, though she consciously swung at the ball- bouncing off of Sowon's hand and onto DaJu's court.

"Nice block." Y/N high-fives the middle blocker, Sowon sticking her tongue out at Yuju.  Dahyun pats Yuju's back as the spiker slowly grows the urge to slap the middle blocker.  "We'll get the next one."  "Right."

On Ikjin's court, the players including the manager are taking a small break from practice drills.  "Hey, isn't that some of Tancheok's players?" Jeongyeon nudges Momo before taking a sip from her waterbottle.  "Ne, they have Sowon the five-foot-eight-inch tall middle blocker and Dahyun of Sunyong Jr." Mina nods, remembering from reading high school volleyball papers.  "And that spiker is their ace, she's pretty tall and powerful- her name's Choi Yu-Na but people call her 'Yuju.'" Mina says, adding on to her observation.

"Then who's that shorty over there?" Momo asks before spraying water into her mouth, pointing at Y/N as she casually sets to Sowon.  "I'm pretty sure she's shorter than Dahyun-ssi... so why isn't she the libero of Tancheok instead?"  "Beats me, I don't think I've ever even heard of her. A short setter on Tancheok? I don't think so." Tzuyu scoffs before chuckling.

"Don't underestimate your opponent like that, Tzuyu-ah," Jihyo scolds her middle blocker.  "We don't know who she is- so what? If she could make it in the top seven schools of the nation, then she must be good."

"True... I heard Tancheok is very picky of their roster. There was one year when they only picked a couple and ended up with six total players on their roster for a whole year." Chaeyoung says, nodding as she places down her water bottle.

Mina stares at Y/N.  She feels as if the girl is more than what appears on the front.  Mina gets the shivers. "What can she possibly do in such a small body? Surely that limits yourself." the pinch server thought.