𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

Y/N nods and flashes a friendly smile before dropping it to jog to her team on their court.  Jihyo looks back at her team, smiling, "We got our first opponent girls, let's give it our all!"  "Right!"

Mina's eyes widen, she heard the little exchange of words between her captain and the short setter.  "L/N Y/N? I thought she was just a rumor..." she thought worriedly to herself.  "Mina-chan?  You okay?" Sana asks the latter, placing her hand on her shoulder.  Mina slightly jumps then nods.  "That girl- the setter.  When she's on the court you have to give it your all, unnies."

Ikjin looks at Mina, slightly alarmed at her "warning."  Though, Jeongyeon, Momo, and Tzuyu wave it off, "We'll be fineee!"  Jihyo shakes her head at the three, "Just keep your guard up, we're still going against Tancheok."  "Hwaiting!"

Tancheok walks quietly over to Ikjin's court, an intimidating aura surrounds the team.  Ikjin's captain feels her hair stand up as she looks to see Moonbyul stare at her.  As soon as the two teams finish preparing, the two captains meet in the middle at the net- accompanied by their managers.

"Anneong, thank you for the game!" Nayeon says with enthusiasm, shaking Solar's hand then Moonbyul's hand.  Solar gives a friendly smile in return.  "Thank you for the game.  We'll give you the serve.  May the best win!" Solar says in return, nodding her head as she shakes Jihyo's hand as well.

"We won't lose." Moonbyul and Jihyo say in unison as they shake each other's hand.  They return to their side of the court, discussing tactics and plays.  Solar sits on the team's bench as Nayeon helps with Ikjin's planning.  Some of the staff from the back help with the referees of their game, jogging to their posts.

Given two minutes to discuss, the starters jog to their positions on court.

Tancheok's Starters:

Left Wing Spiker – Yuju

Opposite Hitter(s) – Eunha

Setter – Yerin

Middle Blocker(s) – Moonbyul, Sowon

Libero – Dahyun

Ikjin's Starters:

Left Wing Spiker – Jeongyeon

Opposite Hitter(s) – Sana, Jihyo

Setter – Momo

Middle Blocker(s) – Tzuyu

Libero - Chaeyoung

Sana goes to the serving position, being handed the ball she bounces it a couple of times- breathing in and out.  "You got this Sana-chan!" Momo and Mina shout.  "Get us a good serve!" Jihyo yells. Sana hears the serve whistle blown, doing an overhand serve.

"I GOT IT!" Eunha shouts, easily picking up the ball sending it into the air.  It falls onto the setter's position.  Tzuyu marks Yuju, seeing the girl jump up from Tzuyu's left.  She jumps as Yerin yells the toss for Tancheok's ace.

"Damn, you're tall!" Yuju curses- then smirks as she sends the ball past Tzuyu's right arm.  The ball lands on the floor behind Tzuyu, Chaeyoung's eyes widening as the ball bounces past her.

As Tzuyu and Yuju finally touch the ground with their feet- one continues smirking as she returns to position while the other seems to be more aggravated.

"Nice kill, Yuju-shi!" Tancheok's players from the bench yell.  Yuju turns to her team, smiling with a thumbs up.

"We'll get the next one!" Jihyo claps, trying to get her team together.  "Right!" they yell in return.

Mina's eyes squint in confusion.  "Why isn't Y/N-ssi in the starting lineup?" she thought as she found the small setter sitting on the bench next to Solar.  Y/N's quiet but deadly aura oozing onto Ikjin's bench.  The setter sits quietly, her eyes reading Ikjin and Tancheok.   Quietly observing.  Mina nervously side-smiles as her eyes meet Y/N's.  The pinch server gives a small friendly smile, Y/N nods her head- acknowledging the latter before focusing on the game once more.

As the game on the court continues on, the rest of Ikjin quietly question Y/N's actions.  Only noticing Y/N's occasional glances every now and then.  "Who does this girl think she is..." Nayeon slightly becoming angered as Y/N silently shake her head at Ikjin's Chaeyoung.  Mina's eyes widen, alarmed at Nayeon's sudden aggression.  "A-ah, don't mind her, Nayeon-unnie," Mina reassures her manager, "- she's probably just focusing!"  Nayeon shakes her head and scoffs as Y/N squints her eyes at Tzuyu.

"Well that's some rude focusing." Nayeon crosses her arms.  Mina huffs, shaking her head.  "I heard that's just how she is..." Mina thought as Tancheok scores another point to add to their lead.  Making it 19 to 5.

Minutes later, Kimsang's eyes widen at Y/N on the bench.  "Why is Y/N-ssi on the bench?" Yuna asks, confused as to why their former setter is benched.  Yeji looks over at Ikjin and Tancheok's game, seeing Y/N on the bench.  Yeji laughs and shakes her head, "I guess Moonbyul-ssi loves surprising her opponents with her trump card."  Lia laughs and nods. "That's so dramatic... but I guess that works too."

Ryujin snickers at Dahyun as the libero sticks her tongue out to Y/N teasingly.

"That's a way to put the spotlight on Y/N's talent..." Minnie shrugs her shoulders.  Chaeryoung looks to her senior, her head tilting in confusion.

"Our Y/N-ah is a troubling opponent.  And Moonbyul-ssi is not disrespectful enough to go easy on her opponents.

So... of course she would want Y/N-ah to play her best... but for her to do so- Y/N would need to be benched for the first set or so." Minnie says, explaining to her team.  Chaeryoung and Yuna look at themselves in confusion then back at their setter.  Soyeon wraps her arms around the two rookies, cackling after watching their faces in confusion.  "One of the greatest things about Y/N as a player is that not only can she point out the ace and captain from the get-go but..."

The whistle blows, ending Tancheok and Ikjin's first set.  25 to 5.  Seconds later, Y/N stands up from the bench, walking silently onto the court as she substitutes for Yerin.  A minute passes and the rest of the teams are back on court, starting the second set.

"... she reads her opponents like a book.